Did you mean: 

Discover It Blue Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Blue Approved

@kah-pas wrote:

$6,500.00 SCL / 14 months 0% APR

Earlier today Capital One Quick Silver -- where I have a $3K CL -- declined (again, for the 2nd time in a 12 months) a CLI and gave me a “too low usage” as a reason. A nonsense I tought given that I've been spending, and paying in full, over 70% of the CL. (granted only for the last three months) so I got angry and, basically, jumped the  gun too early with this application.

Why? Last month my score dropped 20 points for I've taken a 60 months personal loan with the WF. This month my score dropped further 44 points for the overall debt use ratio has increased to 25%. (a 64 points total drop, to 683 from 747) I went to check my free score on Discover, saw 707 and still, irrationally and uncharacteristically, fuming over the Cap1 denial, applied for the card.

The system asked me to provide a full bank's statement and advised me to contact them so they could "immediately" check the application. I did it over the Chat, answered a few questions and that was it.

Happy for I wanted to diversify my portfolio of CCs with Discover anyway. This is what I have at the moment:

$3,000.00 Capital One Quick Silver
$4,000.00 Wells Fargo Propel
$4,200.00 Wells Fargo Platinum
$6,500.00 Discover It Blue
$10,000.00 Capital One Venture
AMEX Platinum
(12% utilization)

Congrats on your Approval...
You have nice portfolio of cards.
I asked for a CLI on my $3,500 QuickSilver too, but they gave me the same reason they gave you. It is true though, I haven't used it a lot the last 6 months, but that's because I got approved for so many other new cards, and had spends reach...etc. I have a Venture card with them with a $30K CL which I used a ton though since I got it 6 months ago. Now I have to try find whatever reasons to can to use the QuickSilver more... I figure I will do a lot of spending for two months, and then take another shot at the CLI. Since it's a SP, it can't do any harm...

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats and enjoy the disco luvs mine..

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome to the Disco family! 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.