Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Card Approved Today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Card Approved Today!

I've been following MyFico around 3 years now. I've had my eye on the Discover It card for a year now. I finally pulled the trigger today after opening two new accts in the last month. Walmart and Amazon. I was afraid to get denied reading the posts about needing at least a mid 600's score. Mine is hovering right at 620-627 depending on the bureau. I app'd and was counter offered a higher int rate . I hit accept and was approved for 2,000! thats my highest limit. God is good . 

here are some details about my situation  

I have a Secured BOA -$500 opened in Nov 2015

capital one -$500 opened Feb 2016 originally $300 graduated about four months ago to 500

Walmart CC $500 opened Dec 2016

Amazon CC $700 Opened Jan 2017 Two days ago, 

and Discover it Today ! 

I have 2 collections, one  from 2013 for around 650itsmedical  and 2013/12 from ATT i'm going to dispute that bc It was from a service change. from DSL to Uverse they kept charging for both and sent the other to collection while i was still a customer til 2015 . 

I have two late payments showing from student loans , 

I have a car loan from kia dec 2015

Truck loan Santander dec 2015 ihate the int rate on that . 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Card Approved Today!

Congrtas to you. Keep working on your credit and good things will continue to come your way.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you ! 

Message 3 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats a great sl. Enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats you'll love it
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! !!!
Message 6 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP , I would start looking for a good credit union and get that auto loan from santander refinanced ASAP I'm sure they are making a killing off of you with the interest
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right about that. Only thing is my credit union denied me when I went to apply for the loan. Should I try again?
Message 8 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes most definitely, your credit has had time to improve and you have a pattern of payment history now , I'm sure you can beat that rate . There is a thread on here about the best credit unions, maybe check it out .

Message 9 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes most definitely, your credit has had time to improve and you have a pattern of payment history now , I'm sure you can beat that rate . There is a thread on here about the best credit unions,.maybe check it out .
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.