Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Cash Credit Card

tag
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Discover It Cash Credit Card

So I've been trying at this card for the last 3 months via the pre-approval page. I finally have paid off my credit card debt and have since seen my credit scores go from 580 to 650. I only have my experian credit report up to date, but I'm sure the other 2 have seen improvements as well. I do not know which credit report Discover pulls, but I have been approved for the Discover It Cash CREDIT Card and NOT the secured card to the best of my understanding.

I currently have a Credit One ($600), Capital One QS ($600), and Merrick ($550, next month $1100). I recently used SCT for the JCrew card when my score was NOT reflecting my debt removal. I'm sure my SCL will be not the best, but I'm using every fiber of my being to not go ahead and go for it. 

What say you the wonderful people of this board? Smiley Very Happy

GOT Pre Approved for Bank Of America Cash Rewards Credit Card as well, take both and garden? Please advise

5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
padme
Established Contributor

Re: Discover It Cash Credit Card

Congrats I started with a merrick and a creditone, total 500 about 3 years ago, now 108k.
Message 2 of 18
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Should I just go for it even if my starting credit limit is lower?

Message 3 of 18
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

OMG Guys! I just got pre approved for Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card too! I'm freaking out, someone chime in. Go for both lol? 650 score

Message 4 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

So you haven't actually been approved ? Just preapprovals? If that is the case , Discover and Boa pre approvals can be very tricky , it has been said even your puppy can get a preapproval on Discovers prequal page ( meaning they are not very accurate at all) I have only heard of a few instances where if Discover shows you a specific APR rather than a range that it is a good chance you will get it .
Message 5 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Boa is very strict and likes to see scores of 700+ that is the reason I have not wasted a Hp on apping with them
Message 6 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

The best Prequalified sites that are more accurate are Amex and Chase , that doesn't mean you will be approved even if you have an offer , but it's a pretty good chance
Message 7 of 18
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Amex prequalified me, go for it? 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday, whom were showing me nothing months back now prequalified me.

Amex did give me a solid APR 23.74%

APR on purchases and balance transfers will be a variable rate, currently 23.7

That's true no hard offer, shouldn't be posting on this side of the forum, my apologies. Got over excited.

Message 8 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

You are really confusing me , so you haven't actually applied for any of them right ? If you have Prequalified offers from Disco , Boa and Amex , Amex would be the most accurate, but still not a 100%
Message 9 of 18
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Sorry, all pre approval links. I'm going to give AMEX a shot. Thanks!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.