Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Cash Rewards 8k approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Cash Rewards 8k approval

I was looking at pre-approval offers and had some for capital one and discover.
Discover seems to have much better interest and benefits.
I applied online and was instantly approved for 8k.
What is the best way to see this card grow? Request a credit limit increase every 31 days?

Can I call when I get the card in the mail to ask for a larger limit?
This is my highest limit card.
My other cards include 3 comenity store cards (wayfair, VS, Children's Place) and my local credit union credit card.

I just submitted for an increase on the credit union card after feeling so high and mighty with the discover 8k limit!

So awesome! In time for holidays with the quarterly 5% being my favorite shopping places 😂
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover It Cash Rewards 8k approval

Congrats on The Disco it approvalSmiley Happy

FYI: You will probably have to wait till your 3rd  statement cuts for an Increase, but it would not hurt to call.

Message 2 of 17
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new Card & welcome to the Disco family! Good SL

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 17
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congrats!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok awesome thank you! I'm gonna be using it regularly for the cash back! My other card a Visa doesnt really offer rewards. It's got a really low apr of 12% so I use it for stuff I know might keep a balance. My store cards are used for points or store specials. This will really help me build a payment history because to be honest i use those cards maybe every 3 months just to show usage and always under 50$ total for all of them. I don't shop enough. I'm a full time nursing student and part time worker! The card that gets used the most is the childrens clothing card for my toddler 😂🤷‍♀️ my Visa cuts off before my pay day and after my Bill's are due so i would show a large balance every month so it's just never worked out
Message 5 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok awesome thank you! I'm gonna be using it regularly for the cash back! My other card a Visa doesnt really offer rewards. It's got a really low apr of 12% so I use it for stuff I know might keep a balance. My store cards are used for points or store specials. This will really help me build a payment history because to be honest i use those cards maybe every 3 months just to show usage and always under 50$ total for all of them. I don't shop enough. I'm a full time nursing student and part time worker! The card that gets used the most is the childrens clothing card for my toddler 😂🤷‍♀️ my Visa cuts off before my pay day and after my Bill's are due so i would show a large balance every month so it's just never worked out

@Anonymous  ..double check an see if you have a 0% intro APR purchase period for 12 months?

also make sure to activate your 5% cash back categories on the Disco website.

Also at your 1 year Anniversary, they will match all your cash back!Smiley Happy

Happy Shopping!

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and nice SL!!
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its 0% for 14 months! Then it goes to 20%

The 12% is my credit union card with a 1k limit.
Message 8 of 17
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

source.gif

AU

Message 9 of 17
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Remember that in the first year they cash back match every dollar you earn, so you’ll get 10% for the quarter at Walmart.com, Target, and Amazon. I’m buying Christmas stuff at those places until that $1500 is spent to get $150 for the quarter.
All other spending will be 2% for the year as well.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.