cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Cash Rewards 8k approval

Established Member

Discover It Cash Rewards 8k approval

I was looking at pre-approval offers and had some for capital one and discover.
Discover seems to have much better interest and benefits.
I applied online and was instantly approved for 8k.
What is the best way to see this card grow? Request a credit limit increase every 31 days?

Can I call when I get the card in the mail to ask for a larger limit?
This is my highest limit card.
My other cards include 3 comenity store cards (wayfair, VS, Children's Place) and my local credit union credit card.

I just submitted for an increase on the credit union card after feeling so high and mighty with the discover 8k limit!

So awesome! In time for holidays with the quarterly 5% being my favorite shopping places 😂
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Epic Contributor

Re: Discover It Cash Rewards 8k approval

Congrats on The Disco it approvalSmiley Happy

FYI: You will probably have to wait till your 3rd  statement cuts for an Increase, but it would not hurt to call.

popcorn eating emoticon.gif
Message 2 of 17
Established Contributor

Congrats on your new Card & welcome to the Disco family! Good SL

CARDS: Discover It | QuickSilver One | Kohl’s | BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards | BB&T Bright | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum | Amazon Prime | OverStock
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574
Message 3 of 17
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congrats!

US Bank Altitude Reserve 18.1k
Chase Sapphire Reserve 18.5k
Chase Freedom 11.7k
American Express Bonvoy Brilliant 22.5k
American Express Bonvoy Business 10k
Barclays Aviator Business 5k
Citibusiness AAdvantage 11.9k
Citi Double Cash 15k
Amazon Store Card 10k

Fico 8s as of 1/2/2021:

Message 4 of 17
Established Member

Ok awesome thank you! I'm gonna be using it regularly for the cash back! My other card a Visa doesnt really offer rewards. It's got a really low apr of 12% so I use it for stuff I know might keep a balance. My store cards are used for points or store specials. This will really help me build a payment history because to be honest i use those cards maybe every 3 months just to show usage and always under 50$ total for all of them. I don't shop enough. I'm a full time nursing student and part time worker! The card that gets used the most is the childrens clothing card for my toddler 😂🤷‍♀️ my Visa cuts off before my pay day and after my Bill's are due so i would show a large balance every month so it's just never worked out
Message 5 of 17
Epic Contributor

@MRH93 wrote:
Ok awesome thank you! I'm gonna be using it regularly for the cash back! My other card a Visa doesnt really offer rewards. It's got a really low apr of 12% so I use it for stuff I know might keep a balance. My store cards are used for points or store specials. This will really help me build a payment history because to be honest i use those cards maybe every 3 months just to show usage and always under 50$ total for all of them. I don't shop enough. I'm a full time nursing student and part time worker! The card that gets used the most is the childrens clothing card for my toddler 😂🤷‍♀️ my Visa cuts off before my pay day and after my Bill's are due so i would show a large balance every month so it's just never worked out

@MRH93  ..double check an see if you have a 0% intro APR purchase period for 12 months?

also make sure to activate your 5% cash back categories on the Disco website.

Also at your 1 year Anniversary, they will match all your cash back!Smiley Happy

Happy Shopping!

popcorn eating emoticon.gif
Message 6 of 17
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval and nice SL!!
Message 7 of 17
Established Member

Its 0% for 14 months! Then it goes to 20%

The 12% is my credit union card with a 1k limit.
Message 8 of 17
Established Contributor

source.gif

AU

Message 9 of 17
Valued Contributor

Remember that in the first year they cash back match every dollar you earn, so you’ll get 10% for the quarter at Walmart.com, Target, and Amazon. I’m buying Christmas stuff at those places until that $1500 is spent to get $150 for the quarter.
All other spending will be 2% for the year as well.
My credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage.
Total CL - $183,950
Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 1/1/21- $4711.66

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.