cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It, Chase Freedom, or Cap One QS? *UPDATE* Approved for Discover

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

Discover It, Chase Freedom, or Cap One QS? *UPDATE* Approved for Discover

I'm trying to decide which of these to apply for to raise my score, and likely will be making a $400 purchase for Christmas. I'd prefer something with a 0% APR promotion, as I plan on having it PIF by promotions end. My current utilization on one card jumped due to an unplanned car emergency, but should be paid off before the promotion runs out, but it's under 30% all together. Suggestions?

$3,500
$1,400
$500
$7,200
$2,000
$2,200

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Discover It, Chase Freedom, or Cap One QS?

Welcome @Apricity I vote Disco. Play it right the cashback match can lead to higher a SUB that you control by spending, My 2cd card that ended a few months back raked in $738 after CB match. If you get in with Miss Disco's graces. It will grow faster than the other 2 and its a SP CLI. Others will have their favs other than my choice. Good luck!

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I say check Discover prequels on their site. They were having 0% APR for the first 14 months.

March 2020
Experian Fico 8. 686
Transunion Fico 8. 697
Equifax Fico 8. 714

Capital one QS. $600
Credit one. $300. (Soon to close )
Capital one QS1. $2250
Discover IT Cashback. $12,000
PNC cash rewards signature Visa. $12,500
Chase SW rapid rewards signature visa $6900
Amex Green Card NPSL POT $11,000

All cards opened between Oct 2018. - March 2020

Message 3 of 14
Highlighted
Established Member

Discover it, it's better at giving cli and 0% apr for 6 months
Message 4 of 14
Highlighted
Established Member

Thanks to everyone for your input. I was filling out applications but then closing the browser before completion, but your replies gave me the confidence to hit that submit button; I applied for the Discover It Cash Back and was approved with $7200 CL in under a minute!

$3,500
$1,400
$500
$7,200
$2,000
$2,200

Message 5 of 14
Highlighted
Super Contributor

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! Hit Missy up at 61, 91, and 121 days out for a SP CLI! Use it like theres no tomorrow and PIF each month. It will grow. Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 6 of 14
Highlighted

@Apricity wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your input. I was filling out applications but then closing the browser before completion, but your replies gave me the confidence to hit that submit button; I applied for the Discover It Cash Back and was approved with $7200 CL in under a minute!

Fantastic and welcome to my Fico Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 7 of 14
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Oops. Got so excited. Forgot to say Welcome to the forums @Apricity . LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Thanks @gdale6 

Message 8 of 14
Highlighted
New Contributor

Congrats!! I've had my Discover for 13 years and love them... I agree that it would probably grow faster than the other two and their customer service is the highest rated (I think) out of all other companies. 

Message 9 of 14
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Apricity wrote:Smiley Happyutton; I applied for the Discover It Cash Back and was approved with $7200 CL in under a minute!

Congratulations!!!  .. Don't forget to activate those 5% categoriesSmiley Happy

My first discover card was in 1999  .. Tri-Fold Paper Application, I picked up at Sears.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.