Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It, Chase Freedom, or Cap One QS? *UPDATE* Approved for Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It, Chase Freedom, or Cap One QS? *UPDATE* Approved for Discover

I'm trying to decide which of these to apply for to raise my score, and likely will be making a $400 purchase for Christmas. I'd prefer something with a 0% APR promotion, as I plan on having it PIF by promotions end. My current utilization on one card jumped due to an unplanned car emergency, but should be paid off before the promotion runs out, but it's under 30% all together. Suggestions?
13 REPLIES 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover It, Chase Freedom, or Cap One QS?

Welcome @Anonymous I vote Disco. Play it right the cashback match can lead to higher a SUB that you control by spending, My 2cd card that ended a few months back raked in $738 after CB match. If you get in with Miss Disco's graces. It will grow faster than the other 2 and its a SP CLI. Others will have their favs other than my choice. Good luck!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say check Discover prequels on their site. They were having 0% APR for the first 14 months.

Message 3 of 14
Jojo567
Valued Member

Discover it, it's better at giving cli and 0% apr for 6 months
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone for your input. I was filling out applications but then closing the browser before completion, but your replies gave me the confidence to hit that submit button; I applied for the Discover It Cash Back and was approved with $7200 CL in under a minute!
Message 5 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! Hit Missy up at 61, 91, and 121 days out for a SP CLI! Use it like theres no tomorrow and PIF each month. It will grow. Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your input. I was filling out applications but then closing the browser before completion, but your replies gave me the confidence to hit that submit button; I applied for the Discover It Cash Back and was approved with $7200 CL in under a minute!

Fantastic and welcome to my Fico Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Oops. Got so excited. Forgot to say Welcome to the forums @Anonymous . LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Thanks @gdale6 

Message 8 of 14
rafy023
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! I've had my Discover for 13 years and love them... I agree that it would probably grow faster than the other two and their customer service is the highest rated (I think) out of all other companies. 

FICO 8 Scores
EX: 773
EQ: 784
TU: 772
Message 9 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:Smiley Happyutton; I applied for the Discover It Cash Back and was approved with $7200 CL in under a minute!

Congratulations!!!  .. Don't forget to activate those 5% categoriesSmiley Happy

My first discover card was in 1999  .. Tri-Fold Paper Application, I picked up at Sears.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.