Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Chrome and Gemini approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Chrome and Gemini approved!

It seems like, I am getting more than I could chewed. Last week after my adventure with Truist, I applied and approved for:

- Discover - $3000, APR 12.24%   (That's not bad APR compare to most Discover or other cards )

Balance Transfer 0.00% intro APR for 15 months.

-Gemini - $20,000, APR 17.24%, Free Crypto Bonus

-Overall Current Utilization 2%

April 13th Scores:

EQ 9: 817 (NFCU)
TU 8: 823 (Barclay)

EXP 8: 791 (Experian.com)

Gemini Invitation, took about a week. I am thinking about BlockFi, but it only have limited crypto to buy at the moment.

Dropped off two HP recently but as of right now gaining 1 HP from Discover right after the application. I am not sure about Truist and Gemini yet. Ok, back to gardening. 

discover3.JPG   GeminiGeminiGeminiGemini

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
TryItAgain
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover It Chrome and Gemini approved!

Grats!

Are there any introductory promos with that Gemini card? I received the email today about it being ready to go, but have not pre-qualled it yet. 

(Ch7 Discharged 12/12) AvgScore 807

Personal-
NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU Flagship 20k | NFCU More Rewards 10k | NFCU NavChek PLOC 15k | PenFed Power Cash 25k | PenFed Gold 15k | PenFed Pathfinder 10k | PenFed OLOC 3K | GTE Financial CU 15k | VyStar CU Cash Back 25k | VyStar CU PLOC 15k | FNBO Evergreen 25k | FNBO 11.85K | BofA Cash Rewards 10.1k | Capital One Venture 13k | Capital One QS 7k | PNC Cash Rewards 15.5k | Citi Costco 8.5k | US Bank Cash+ 10k | Discover 14.8k | Discover 14.1k | Regions Cash 6k | Truist Enjoy Cash 9k | Truist Future 6.5k | Elan Max Cash 7k | Wells Fargo Reflect 20k | Fifth Third 7k | USAA PrefRew 15k | CFNA Tires Plus MC 8k | GM Rewards 3.5k | TD Bank Cash 3.5k | Amex BCP 3K | Lowes Store 30k | Sleep Number Store 13.5k | Home Depot Store 10k | Amazon Store 10k | Care Credit 15k | Walmart Store 6k | JCrew 25k | Jared 18.6k | HSN 4.1K | King Size 4k | Buckle 3.1k

Business-
Amex BBC 25k | Amex BBP 22k | Amex Business Platinum NPSL 30.4kPoT | Citizens Business Everyday 35k | Sams Club Business MC 25K | US Bank Business Plat 24k | Capital One Spark 2% 22k | Marcus GM Business 12.5k | Capital On Tap 2% 10k | Chase Ink 3k | Divvy 7k | PNC BLOC 50K | Citizens BLOC 50K | (Private) BLOC 75K | WEX Business Access Fuel 30k | Sams Bus Store 25k
Message 2 of 17
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@TryItAgain wrote:

Grats!

Are there any introductory promos with that Gemini card? I received the email today about it being ready to go, but have not pre-qualled it yet. 

I also received the invite email today. I took a look at the pre-qual, it was pretty generic. Doesn't give you specific apr or anything, just what the range is.

I'm not ready to pull the trigger now since I just did BofA today and the Gemini email arrived after, but I am really interested in hearing what people think about it to decide if it's the crypto rewards card I want for the future or not. I just can't get excited about the 1.5s out there, and it's too bad that Gemini's categories overlap other super common cards... but maybe it is just that amazing? I feel like I would rather get 'in bed' with Gemini than most of the other crypto card options, trust wise. Hoping MF feedback will pan out there.

SD - Biz -
Message 3 of 17
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

I got  my email today too.

Almost threw it into the spam folder

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TryItAgain wrote:

Grats!

Hi, thank you. Unfortunately there is no introductory promo for this crypto card. Check the card overview. https://support.gemini.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405148512923-Product-Overview

Once you approved, you could use your card right away using the electronic card on your account. There is another card like this called BlockFi which has occasional promo. However, the promo is usually not very cleared or up front like traditional card.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@unsungivy wrote:

@TryItAgain wrote:

Grats!

I also received the invite email today. I took a look at the pre-qual, it was pretty generic. Doesn't give you specific apr or anything, just what the range is.

I'm not ready to pull the trigger now since I just did BofA today and the Gemini email arrived after, but I am really interested in hearing what people think about it to decide if it's the crypto rewards card I want for the future or not. I just can't get excited about the 1.5s out there, and it's too bad that Gemini's categories overlap other super common cards... but maybe it is just that amazing? I feel like I would rather get 'in bed' with Gemini than most of the other crypto card options, trust wise. Hoping MF feedback will pan out there.

I am feeling the same way but I am planning to use it just for the sake of earning designated crypto coin as a reward without actually invest in it when making transaction with the card. You can choose which crypto coin you want to ear under the "Change reward" option on the right side of the page.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know your experience if you applied for it if it is alright. Good luck!

Message 7 of 17
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Discover It Chrome and your Gemini approvals.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 9 of 17
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.