Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Miles (2nd Card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Miles (2nd Card)

I shop quite a bit at Mitsuwa as they're the only ones who get actual Kobe beef (with serial tracking number) and otoro tuna. And they're always pushing that card in kiosks where no one speaks English. Pretty awesome supermarket.

Unfortunately with the cost of Kobe and otoro, $12,000 CL cap means one can't do grocery shopping in it, lol.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would say congratulations but you don't seem thrilled. If this card with this limit is of no use to you then I would say pass on it. We all know how long it can take for a discover card to grow, but then again you already took the pull for it. Tough call here they may not give you more later either, go with your gut. Dv

Thanks DV. You're right! I wasn't that excited about the SL. But, you are right! I already took the hit, so I will probably keep it and hope it grows. Regardless, I still PIF and will earn the rewards. Thanks for the input.

You are most welcome sir, I'm glad my input helped you. Dv

Message 12 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats ItsPossySmiley Happy at least you were approved and if its double cash back then use the heck out of it hope they give more luv and if not let it go to sd after the first year.Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats ItsPossySmiley Happy at least you were approved and if its double cash back then use the heck out of it hope they give more luv and if not let it go to sd after the first year.Smiley Happy

Thanks AJC!! And yes, I will keep it and use and I think it will eventually grow. If not, I can sd like you said. 😀😀

And I do think it will grow though. I just remebered that Cap 1 is erroneously reporting a $3840 balance on my card with them. I called them to file a dispute. With my low-average income this might have spooked Discover. Hopefully, Cap 1 will fix this soon.

Message 14 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just approved for my second Discover card. The It Miles card. Applied last month and denied. Preapproval showed up this month. Little disappointed In The SL of $1000.  My Discover It is at $10,000. 

I had planned to use the card as I am in China a lot and the 5% categories aren’t really beneficial.  Thought this might be a better fit. And I looked forward to the double cash back for the first year.  

Question—Would you keep the card with this low limit or cancel and apply sometime in the future?

Keep it.. You took the hit.  Ever think of actually calling lending on monday or so and explaining you want to use it in china.. discover is not known for recons but id give it a try.. Not sure if you can transfer some of your other discover cards limit... ..Might be an option.  even if not.. i think it might grow... back to the 3 month wait .... =)

As an aside. since Miles is a different product.. you do get double cashback for the Miles card for the next year... Smiley Wink  

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just approved for my second Discover card. The It Miles card. Applied last month and denied. Preapproval showed up this month. Little disappointed In The SL of $1000.  My Discover It is at $10,000. 

I had planned to use the card as I am in China a lot and the 5% categories aren’t really beneficial.  Thought this might be a better fit. And I looked forward to the double cash back for the first year.  

Question—Would you keep the card with this low limit or cancel and apply sometime in the future?

Keep it.. You took the hit.  Ever think of actually calling lending on monday or so and explaining you want to use it in china.. discover is not known for recons but id give it a try.. Not sure if you can transfer some of your other discover cards limit... ..Might be an option.  even if not.. i think it might grow... back to the 3 month wait .... =)

As an aside. since Miles is a different product.. you do get double cashback for the Miles card for the next year... Smiley Wink  

Thanks Joltdude. You’re right on all your points. I am keeping . 😀😀 I forgot to mention that I called them directly after the approval and asked if they could move some of my limit. The CSR put me on hold for a few minutes. But came back and said they couldn’t do it. I’m sure it will grow. I just need to be patient with them. I PIF, but just can’t make any big purchases with the card. Will have to use my Cap 1 or Navy Federal for that. 😏

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.