Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured - Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Secured - Approval

Greetings Forum!
I just wanted to take a moment and share a personal success and related timeline for the Discover It Secured Card - $200CL. Given the current position of my profile, I am still shocked not only by this approval, but an approval for the Capital One Secured Card - $200CL. I am also awaiting the "decision" from Citi regarding their Secured product. Fingers crossed for that one! For now, Discover and Cap1....Thank you!!

Details:
- 03.14.18: App
- 03.16.18: Checking Account verification (two small test deposits and a reversing withdrawal)
- 03.19.18: $200 Security Deposit withdrawn and confirmation email..
--------------------------------------------------
Confirmation of your Security Deposit Request

Dear,

Thank you for completing your application for your Discover it® chrome Secured Credit Card.

This letter confirms a one-time debit request in the amount of $200.00 to secure your Discover it® chrome Secured Credit Card from your bank account ending in, which was sent to your bank for processing on March 16, 2018.

You will receive your credit card within two weeks of March 16, 2018 as long as we receive your security deposit. This is the typical time needed for us to withdraw your security deposit, confirm the funds transfer is successful, set-up your account, and deliver your card via First Class mail.

If you have questions or concerns about your deposit, please call us at the number below or write to us at:

Discover Bank
P.O. Box 30943
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943

We look forward to having you as a customer and we want to make sure you have the most rewarding relationship possible with Discover it® chrome. If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know. Knowledgeable Account Managers are available to assist you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-347-3085, or you can always visit us at Discover.com.

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

- 03.23.18: Official Approval .... Confirmation of mailing.
Congratulations!

You're approved for a Discover® Card.

Welcome! Soon you'll be getting cash rewards on everything you buy with your new card.
So watch for it in the mail - then activate it right away.

Your credit line is $200.

If you receive a cash advance credit line it will be less than your total credit line
and the amount will be provided to you with your new card.
I will update this post upon receipt of the card and continiously along the journey.

For all that are hesitant....don't be! As someone here told me, this stuff isn't a sprint it's a marathon.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Secured - Approval

Congrats on your Disco approval!!
Great card to build with; good luck unsecuring in the near future, and enjoy your rewards
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, all! I really appreciate the support!

My Discover Card arrived today, 3/29. So, just a day over two weeks since the App on 3/18. Considering some of the timelines I've read here, this appears to be pretty fast. I also received my Capital One Secured on 3/27, also about 2 weeks since the App. Unfortunately, the last App I submitted (Citi Secured) declined me due to debt burden. Angry since I was nearly batting a thousand, and lost a HP, I pulled the trigger on a US Bank HD Secured Card and found out today that I am approved!!! Heading to funding now. Finally, I went ahead and opened a Self Lender account which only required a SP. I figured I should add some diversity.

All and all I am extremely happy with the progress this week. 3 no AF cards and a Self Lender account in 2 weeks. I am officially in the garden! Looking forward to being extremely responsible while cleaning up some of my mistakes.
Message 3 of 13
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Discover IT  is the Best secured card ever. They graduate me after only 7 months. Good Luck!!

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Thank you, all! I really appreciate the support!

My Discover Card arrived today, 3/29. So, just a day over two weeks since the App on 3/18. Considering some of the timelines I've read here, this appears to be pretty fast. I also received my Capital One Secured on 3/27, also about 2 weeks since the App. Unfortunately, the last App I submitted (Citi Secured) declined me due to debt burden. Angry since I was nearly batting a thousand, and lost a HP, I pulled the trigger on a US Bank HD Secured Card and found out today that I am approved!!! Heading to funding now. Finally, I went ahead and opened a Self Lender account which only required a SP. I figured I should add some diversity.

All and all I am extremely happy with the progress this week. 3 no AF cards and a Self Lender account in 2 weeks. I am officially in the garden! Looking forward to being extremely responsible while cleaning up some of my mistakes.

Congrats! You're on your way to rebuilding your credit.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, both! TreasureCredit, you are definitely accurate!

So, today's update, my first Discover Statement has closed yesterday, 4/2. I am super lucky because I just received my card on 3/29. I quickly attached my Hulu subscription to my new card so I got a small $5.99 purchase in on the first statement before it closed against the small $200 CL. Today, 4/3, I get an alert from Experian. My score increased 54 points!! I thought it was inaccurate but I look further and there is my new Discover account.

Question, my new Capital One card closes in a week or so, and my Harley Davidson Secured is in the mail. Is it possible to see consistent jumps as much after each of these cards post?? Right now, Discover is showing as my only "open" account with several closed baddies.

Also, I chatted with a Discover CSR last night. Increasing my CL another $1500 and I switched to the Discover It 5℅ rotating reward program. It will be effective the first day of the next cycle.

Things are looking up! Thanks to all, again, for all the great advice.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an increase in My Fico score with the addition of a 2nd and a 3rd card, though nothing like 54 points. I expect your future increases will be smaller.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction, 54 points overall since March 2018. 36 points with the Discover post today.

I had a few collection accounts deleted due to dispute in March as well.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the game, OP.

Congrats on your Discover Card!!!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.