Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured - Approved

tag
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover It Secured - Approved

@Anonymous wrote:
How do you like open sky? How long before you saw an increase in points in your scores?

It's great, except they take up to 2 weeks to post a MAILED payment!  I am in Texas AND their payment address is in Texas.  As far as I am concerned, the payment posting is so bad that I mail my payment in as soon as the statement is cut. 

I only put a small monthly recurring charge of $9.99 on the card and, of course PIF.  Even that small charge is 3% Util on the card.

I actually opened the account 2 years, 3 months before I seriously started to Rebuild and my starting FICO at the time was 570 - 580 on the 3 CRAs.

It took about 8 months after I started using the card to get my FICO scores into the 660 - 670 range at the CRAs.  I also had an active car loan, as well. At that time, the car loan had 9 30 Day lates reporting and the newest 1 was May 2015.  I think my FICO scores would have been higher if the Late Pays weren't on my CRs.

Anyway, when my FICO scores finally broke thru 700 in April 2018, I decided  to get serious about Rebuilding and started with Discover.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marz2002 wrote:

CONGRATS on the Approval and WELCOME to the FORUMS and the Disco Family!!!

I seriously started my Rebuild project in April 2018 with a $300 OpenSky credit card that I had been using for over 2 years.

Triple Thanks ! 

How is the opensky card? 

I applied for the opensky card first and was instantly approved but stalled on doing the security deposit once I applied for the discover. I honestly still want two secured cards. 

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WXYZ78006 wrote:

CONGRATS! I was also able to do secured and opted for the $200 limit. Still waiting for my card and new responsibilites! Smiley Happy 

Thank you! I hope your card comes soon, the mailer is plain but once I torn it open, I loved the pearl cardboard Heart so shiny and pretty lol. I decided on the $300 limit because I wanted a little bit of extra room. The extra $100 helped to decrease my UTL more. If I had another $200 I would of went for the 500. Who knows I may add it on later.  

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@800FICOGoal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My goal is to buy my first home as soon as possible. Each day I slowly learn more and more about FICO and building good credit. 

I made sure to stay on top of it by constantly contacting customer service during each phase. I was able to get the tracking number today and it is expected to arrive on Feb 22nd woohoo! I am excited about being on step closer to my goal! 

Congrats on your new card, and good luck on your home ownership quest!

Double thanks, I feel I may be closer than expected! 

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Priory_Man wrote:
Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your new card.
Slow and steady wins the credit race, so don't try and rush things.
Good luck on the house purchase.

Triple thanks, you're absolutely right, I'm working a lot on my patience. 

It's so easy to destroy credit yet it seems to take forever to fix the damage.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Congratulations on your approval 

Thank you!
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Congrats on your new card

Smiley Happy Thank you!

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Thank you! I love the gif, one of my fav actors lol
Message 19 of 22
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

CONGRATS on the Approval and WELCOME to the FORUMS and the Disco Family!!!

I seriously started my Rebuild project in April 2018 with a $300 OpenSky credit card that I had been using for over 2 years.

Triple Thanks ! 

How is the opensky card? 

I applied for the opensky card first and was instantly approved but stalled on doing the security deposit once I applied for the discover. I honestly still want two secured cards. 

You're most welcome!

The OpenSky card is great, except that it DOESN'T graduate to Unsecured!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.