Discover It Secured - Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Secured - Approved

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

CONGRATS on the Approval and WELCOME to the FORUMS and the Disco Family!!!

I seriously started my Rebuild project in April 2018 with a $300 OpenSky credit card that I had been using for over 2 years.

Triple Thanks ! 

How is the opensky card? 

I applied for the opensky card first and was instantly approved but stalled on doing the security deposit once I applied for the discover. I honestly still want two secured cards. 

You're most welcome!

The OpenSky card is great, except that it DOESN'T graduate to Unsecured!

Who knows, maybe in the future they will change this. I'm going to try for the Citibank secured in a few months. Crossing my fingers they'll let me in the door.
Message 21 of 22
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover It Secured - Approved

@Anonymous wrote:
How do you like open sky? How long before you saw an increase in points in your scores?

I started my rebuild with an OpenSky - With low utilization and 2 or 3 on time payments you should start seeing a slow bump in your scores almost ASAP. I had scores in the 400's in early 2017, the OpenSky was a god send for me because I couldn't get approved for a hamburger at mcdonalds.....

It was a life save for me. They also gave me a CLI from $300 to $500 after a 6 months. A nice little boost of confidence because anything helps when you're in the credit dungeon trying to see some light at the end of the tunnell. 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.