Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured Card... APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Secured Card... APPROVED!

Well that was quick! I applied on Thursday(7/11), confirmed the trial deposits on Friday(7/12) and just got approved TODAY(7/14). I should be getting my card in about 10 days. 

Right now my credit score is N/A. I have absolutely NO credit history whatsoever. Hopefully in 6 months to a year I'll have a score to be proud of. My current credit limit is $500. My game plan is to only use the card 2 to 3 times per month if that, never charge more than 25% of my limit and of course ALWAYS pay my bill on time and IN FULL.... I plan on graduating on time.

Anyway, I'm super stoked. Who would thought building credit would be this much fun?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover It Secured Card... APPROVED!

Welcome To myFICO Forums!!!

and

Message 2 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That’s a great starting point. Credit IS fun lol. Just wait until the prime cards start falling in your lap. 

Maybe you have special reasons for not using the card much, but don’t feel like you have to limit the number of transactions per month. Lots of usage is good as long as you pay the bill! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 8
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Disco approval!

Message 4 of 8
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new card/approval and good luck on your credit journey! 

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and best of luck with your new card!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

carRe: Discover It Secured Card... APPROVED!

Just got a heads up from Informed Delivery. The card is gonna be here Monday. For those of you who don't have or even know what Informed Delivery is, I highly recommend that you sign up. It's a service offered by the USPS. It gives you digital screenshots of all incoming mail and tracking numbers for all incoming packages. And it's 100 % FREE! All you have to do is prove your identity by answering a few questions.

I signed up for it a few years ago, back when it was called MyUSPS. One of the best things I've ever done. Not to mention, the service has upgraded and improved quite a bit since then. Now I don't have to sit around wondering if or when my card will get here. I know the exact date it is going to arrive. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.