Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It (Secured) Graduation & CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It (Secured) Graduation & CLI

My Discover It secured card graduated two days ago. Here are the details...

Stats at time of approval: TU: 588 / EQ: 599 / EX: 577
I had applied for this and CapOne Plat. MC (Secured) the same week. 0 credit cards on file at time of approval. Multiple baddies. No BK. $900 SL

Current stats: TU: 648 / EQ: 634/ EX: 636 many new Trade lines added of which 3 are 1 month old approvals (Barclay's, AMEX, SYNC)

The Disco card has seen high balances every month. Always reported a balance. Sometimes high. Even carried a balance on some months.

I have made minimum payments on some cycles, paid it off on others and the last 3 months carried a balance, but made large $150+ installments.

Graduated at exactly 7 months. Auto CLI of $1,800 total CL of $2,700!

I am just blown away tbh folks. I spoke to the CS center and the rep said my deposit is being mailed back to me and went on to talk about some upcoming promo or something if I open a Discover savings account in the amount of my security delosit.

Anyway - I'm just blown away. Totally unexpected. ALL of it!
6 REPLIES 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover It (Secured) Graduation & CLI

Congrats on the graduation!

There's a flurry of contempt right now for not converting here.  It's possible though as we've been seeing multiple people posting success lately.  It's a great card for building upon that grows significantly with time and use.  

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Happy grad! Now onto infinity and beyondSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Austinguy907 - how long have you had your card? I didn't realise that so many of the community members have also converted until I just took a good look.im sure yours is right around the corner!

Thanks AverageJoe!
Message 4 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Austinguy907 - how long have you had your card? I didn't realise that so many of the community members have also converted until I just took a good look.im sure yours is right around the corner!

Thanks AverageJoe!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/My-first-year-with-Discover-Data-Points/m-p/4705523  Read all about it Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, congratulations!!

It's always nice to read these stories.  I've lamented mine not graduating but I know EXACTLY why they aren't ready to yet (so while it's disappointing, it's not surprising).  I'm so glad people are seeing their cards graduate lately.  It always gives me hope that someday mine'll be the same way Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

GD CLI.... That promo sounds really interesting...

Smiley Happy<_____!!!!NOIIICE!!!!_____> Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.