Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Secured!

Excellent. Thank you.

Message 11 of 20
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

Hello, I was wondering at what point during the application process to they tell you that you didnt get approved for the unsecured card but instead the secured credit card. Im afraid of applying and get a big fat DECLINED without any other options. Could someone elaborate on how they let you know and what the options are as far as how much you could put as the initial secured fund. Thank you. BTW congrats on the secured IT

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 12 of 20
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Congrats I have mine as well; I would say benefit wise the discover card is the best secured card to have with 100% US based customer service, Cash back categories, No annual fee and much more. Welcome to the discover family.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I just enter all my info an hit submit. It took like 60 second an said something along the lines of sorry I was declined but would I like to get a secured card. It was as simple as that.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome to the Discover family.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd have to concur that Discover customer service is top notch and so is Chase. 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome to Discover family too Smiley Very Happy whoo hophop

Message 17 of 20
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! 

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 18 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

It's a gamble. Not everyone is offered the secured, some are just offered the co-app or denied... And it was two hard pulls for that... Since I declined the co-app and didn't offer secured option Discover
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my card in the mail today. It was weird because the money cleared my account on 8/29/2014. I received a letter in the mail Monday, that I should look to receive my card within 8 days. On Tuesday I received a email saying that my card should arrive within 5 days. Well it actually came the next day (Today). Starting to love Discover already.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.