Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Student Cash Back Card

tag
josh1
New Contributor

Discover It Student Cash Back Card

I was just approved for the Discover It Cash Back Card for a $1,500 credit line!  I did the pre-qualified offer on their website, and it preapproved me for both of the student cards, but I really like the rotating categories.  Here's some info about what I had when I applied.

726 EQ, 737 TU, and a 739 EX, but they pulled from EQ (CreditKarma and CapitalOne claimed I had a 677 on TU and EQ)

Reported income of $20,000 with no rent/mortgage and a checking and savings account

AMEX Gold Delta Card ($1,000 limit) which I got 4-5 months ago

AU CapOne Quicksilver ($23,000 limit) which I got 3 yrs and 7 months ago

1 HP

I'm really excited to get the card and can't wait to start working on getting cash back.  If anyone else has this card I would love any advice for the card, especially regarding CLIs and product change once I graduate college.  Also, any information about when they will email me would be awesome!

Credit Cards:

AU Cards:

Other Cards:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Student Cash Back Card

I got the card back in July and my 3rd statment goes out this weekend so I will be asking for cli then. I tried once before like 3 weeks ago and I got a message saying not enough history with the current limit. Did you get your limit yet? You can check by checking application status(its under the log in button) and it should tell you your starting limit. Other than that check the discover deals once you get the card to see if you can use any before the end of the month because they're going away.

They send the card via first class mail so you will probably get it in 5 days.

Message 2 of 7
josh1
New Contributor

Nice, congrats!  Yeah, that seems pretty consistent with what I've heard about their CLI process.  And yeah, I meant to put that in the post originally, $1,500.

Credit Cards:

AU Cards:

Other Cards:
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Discover approval!

tenor.gif

Message 4 of 7
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Great start to your CP. If you don't have a loan, I would add a SSL, that'll give you a boost in your scores as well.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Disco approval, and welcome to the crew!

I started with a $300 Secured Card. It unsecured on my 7th statement cycle, and they gave me a $2,000 CLI. Definitely room for plenty of growth, and excellent US BASED CS!

Remember, use the card! Take full advantage of the first year with the Cashback match where your 1% every day doubles!

Cheers!
Message 6 of 7
josh1
New Contributor

@n_la thank you!  I have been looking around and it seems like they can be very friendly with CLIs if you keep your account in good standing, which is very nice.  And yeah, I have already called their support twice, and they were not only very helpful, but I got connected to an agent in seconds which is so rare.

I have some business expenses coming up for like $2,000, so I definitely am going to charge them on Discover to get that 2%!

Credit Cards:

AU Cards:

Other Cards:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.