Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It after bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It after bankruptcy

So I applied today and got approved!! $2600 sl. I'm so excited! Although I have Capital One cards none at that credit limit. It feels good to have a discover! How often is the CLI's every 6 months?
Message 11 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats.. Figured you would get it!  CLI's is anyones guess as discover is going through a weird time.. Typically 1-3 months, but lately hasn't really followed that pattern and not a lot of people are getting them.

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Either way I'm super happy to be apart of the family! I'm not going to try for a CLI until over 6 months anyway.
Message 13 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done Mekhail, Welcome to the Discover family . Great way to rebuild your creditSmiley Happy
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am 10 months post discharge this month and got approved for Discover it card for $1000 limit. My Fico score at that time was 651,646, 658. I think you have a pretty good chance. Good luck
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am 1 year, 3 months out of bk. I have a pretty good rebuild. Discover is also not saying yay or nay on the prequal site. Just offering me 0% for 14 months and the 11-23 variable after that. They denied me a few months ago. Should I wait? My scores are EX 653, TU 636, and EQ 646.
Message 16 of 33
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

THat's going to be a no.

If you get the response with  a single APR or even the 3% spread then you're chances are a lot higher than the full monty.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I am 1 year, 3 months out of bk. I have a pretty good rebuild. Discover is also not saying yay or nay on the prequal site. Just offering me 0% for 14 months and the 11-23 variable after that. They denied me a few months ago. Should I wait? My scores are EX 653, TU 636, and EQ 646.

I would wait at least 6 months from last denial. Last June, I was denied for the secured Discover 🙁. In December, I apped for the regular Discover and was approved. I did not receive any mailers or a prequalified offer (I had the wide range). 

I think in my case, that 6 months worth of history with my other cards, made the difference. 

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Either way I'm super happy to be apart of the family! I'm not going to try for a CLI until over 6 months anyway.

Congratulations - you scored $100 higher than I did when I got my own Discover! Don't get too set in stone about waiting 6 months to ask for a CLI. I was expecting Discover to do its auto-CLI this month, but they surprised me and gave it to me on June 10th, only about 80 days after I'd been approved. I took the chance and hit the luv button, getting an extra $300 to tack on to the $500 auto-CLI and bringing my line to $3300.

Discover has been really wonky about CLI's lately since a March 29th software update that was supposed to address CLI problems with formerly secured cards which had graduated (but I hear that problem has apparently cropped up again). However, the way it's supposed to work is that you can apply for (and theoretically usually get) CLI's on a 30/31, 60/61, or 90/91-day schedule starting from your first CLI. The only way to know for sure is to hit the button on the anniversary date and see what happens. For me, that's June 10/11, so let's hope I have something good to report next week even if it's only a few hundred dollars extra.

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there.  

I'm 3 months post Ch. 7 BK discharge and was just approved for a $2,400 CL on the Discover IT card.  I'd say go for it.

@Anonymous wrote:
My bankruptcy was discharged almost two years ago. Since then I've opened 3 credit cards : credit one 300
Capital One Quicksilver one 1550 and newly upgraded Capital One Quicksilver from Platinum 750. According to credit karma I had fair approval odds for Amex everyday blue cash. So I applied and got denied because of bankruptcy. My fico now is a 620 and all other scores are around 635. I just did the discover prequalify tool and it didn't not say that i pre qualified. It also didn't say there were no offers. Instead the Discover it card popped up being compared to a capital One Quicksilver with all the features. Should I apply? I'm so nervous, because of my denial from Amex. Before the Amex app I didn't apply for credit for almost a year. I also plan to finance a car next month with the help of capital One Auto Navigator. Should I wait until financing is done? I'm really in no rush. I just want more credit lines to boost my score past the 650 mark.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.