Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Loves Me!

tag
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Discover Loves Me!

Hit the love button with Discover Card today.  Orgionaly I was told to wait about 90 days and give it a try, but I was about 2 weeks premature.  They gave me an instant decission, $3,000 increase!  Back before Christmas, I almost pooped my self because they gave me an 11,000 SL, now with a 3000 increase I have a 14,000 CL.  Not bad for someone that was in the sub 500s 2 years ago.

Question now is, how often does Discover allow credit line increases?  Or is it a hard nut to figure out??

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Loves Me!

Wow, congrats. That was a great SL and nice CLI. I don't really think there is any rhyme or reason to Disco CLI's. I started at $5500, got bumped to $6k and then in Jan 2018 to $7.5k. Rep over the phone said try again after 30 days. Tried in Feb and again Mar 1 and no luv. Oh well, I'll try again April 1.

Robot Very Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

How do you use your Disco card? Are you taking advantage of the intro balance transfer offer?
Message 3 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MrTomwrote:

Hit the love button with Discover Card today.  Orgionaly I was told to wait about 90 days and give it a try, but I was about 2 weeks premature.  They gave me an instant decission, $3,000 increase!  Back before Christmas, I almost pooped my self because they gave me an 11,000 SL, now with a 3000 increase I have a 14,000 CL.  Not bad for someone that was in the sub 500s 2 years ago.

Question now is, how often does Discover allow credit line increases?  Or is it a hard nut to figure out??

It's not hard to figure out. It's impossible to figure out.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your cli. I was asking successfully every 4 months or so. My card started out way lower than yours. I just got above 10,000 last month. 11200. I had already decided 10,000 was my stopping point. I won’t ask for another but from what I seen I could get another in about 4 months if I wanted. Since I’m past a year unless a rotating category I like comes up I don’t see it getting much use. So saving my overall credit exposure for others. Lol

again congrats. 

Message 6 of 11
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

I have been keeping a low utl. Its been 15 yeays since I had a major credit card. I got my 3 major cards below to help garden but I love the 5 percent cash back on the disco. Its easy for the low UTL for me because im use to spending less then I make.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Discover Luv.  

Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fantastic job earning a Joltdude SpecialSmiley Happy

Disco is easy to figure out, just figure out how to cross the ocean on a skateboard and you're thereSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Just when folks on here thought they figured out Miss Disco... She goes unstable and gets unpredictable....  Will say she has some known MO's / Patterns but when it comes down to it... the numbers she spits out for LUV or no LUV are unpredictable...

Still a believer in waiting at least 3 statements and a few days and seeing if she autoluvs you after your inital approval.

But i was clicking it monthly at one point, a few days after statement... after I got the 3 statement autoluv.. and yes I also double dipped on that autoluv at the time... started at 31 then becae 62 and then longer.... Think now its 6 months roughly between CLIs but i also havent been trying... Though i was getting 3-4k at a whack (Hence the Joltdude special) ...  while other folks seem to be getting 300 and 500 CLs lately..   At this point my card does NOT need any more CLI... In fact i almost would like to split it onto a second Discover card.. If they auto luv me.. so be it.. Im down for the count at 21300.....

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.