Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Mega CLI

Very nice CLI, congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 44
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Wow! Great bump! Congrats! From 750 to 34K too!

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  That's great.  Discover is definitely my favorite.

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I was approved for the Discover It card in February 2016.... hopefully I can be in the $30k club in 3 years too!! Smiley Happy 

Message 24 of 44
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Thanks Poppa, Humu, Azalea, Brett, and GDanzy!

Some usage, decent score (720+) and Discover's going to shower you with good CLIs. 

Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very belated congrats!  Awesome stuff!  Smiley Happy

I received Discover yesterday and have been reading CLI posts for inspiration lol.

Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

So I was playing with my Excel sheet containing all my credit cards, and wondering which cards were coming close to their 91-day / 181-day marks for asking another CLI.

Discover had just bumped me from $25k to $28k on 14 Feb 2016 (now that's some V-day love) and generally I don't get anything before at least 3 months are over with the new CL. It was my top single CL before the Cap One card combo made my QS $29k. 

But my Discover FICO updated yesterday (770 because I refuse to play micromanage with zero balance), and I thought, what's the harm in hitting the button! Also, the $29k was reporting.

So I hit it, and it came back with the "Under review for 2 days etc. etc." message. Generally, this would mean that the button would go away for a few days before everything goes back to square one.

Not this time.

Logged in to find that my CL is now $34k. A $6k jump, my biggest with Discover (or any non-AMEX card) so far. 

Yay!

Some info: Last month balance approx $700, PIFed this month and new statement will be approx $600.

I was carrying a $2.5k balance to make use of my 2nd term 0% APR which  I paid off right after I got my last CLI. The 0% was to get over this month.

how does one get a 2nd term 0% APR? i'm hoping it's for PURCHASES and not BT. mine (1st yr) is about to expire. :/ 

Message 27 of 44
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP congrats on the increase! You have a nice limit!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 28 of 44
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very belated congrats!  Awesome stuff!  Smiley Happy

I received Discover yesterday and have been reading CLI posts for inspiration lol.

Thanks. You need to wait 3 months (at least) but from then on you can get some good stuff.

Enjoy the 5% on dining and hopefully you got the 2x rewards for first year so it'll be 10%. If you redeem your cashback for useful giftcards then you can double that as well, but make sure you're getting something of value.

Message 29 of 44
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
OP congrats on the increase! You have a nice limit!

Thanks !

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.