Did you mean: 

Discover Mega CLI

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Mega CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

So I was playing with my Excel sheet containing all my credit cards, and wondering which cards were coming close to their 91-day / 181-day marks for asking another CLI.

Discover had just bumped me from $25k to $28k on 14 Feb 2016 (now that's some V-day love) and generally I don't get anything before at least 3 months are over with the new CL. It was my top single CL before the Cap One card combo made my QS $29k. 

But my Discover FICO updated yesterday (770 because I refuse to play micromanage with zero balance), and I thought, what's the harm in hitting the button! Also, the $29k was reporting.

So I hit it, and it came back with the "Under review for 2 days etc. etc." message. Generally, this would mean that the button would go away for a few days before everything goes back to square one.

Not this time.

Logged in to find that my CL is now $34k. A $6k jump, my biggest with Discover (or any non-AMEX card) so far. 

Yay!

Some info: Last month balance approx $700, PIFed this month and new statement will be approx $600.

I was carrying a $2.5k balance to make use of my 2nd term 0% APR which  I paid off right after I got my last CLI. The 0% was to get over this month.

how does one get a 2nd term 0% APR? i'm hoping it's for PURCHASES and not BT. mine (1st yr) is about to expire. :/ 

You can chat with them. I did about a year after my 0% was over, and asked them for an APR reduction (something I was doing then with Citi, Barclays, AMEX etc.). The chat rep offered me a 2% permanent decrease or a 12-month 0% APR for new purchases. I jumped on the second offer. It's getting over this month. I've carried balance twice, first for about 5 months and the second time for about 5 months again. 

My CL was 11.5k then. It was the beginning of the Discover CLI gravy train last year Smiley Happy So they gave me the 0% promo, then a slew of CLIs, and then the 2X cashback for a year. The last one runs till the end of May; hopefully in June 2016 they keep their promise, we'll see!

Edited to add: You should probably inquire after the current 0% is over. I checked for new offers a few weeks ago; was told to wait till the current promo is over. Not guaranteed to get one but never hurts to try Smiley Happy better than the 4% temporary APR reduction from Cap One, unless someone's Cap One current APR is 4% Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 44
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Incredible!!
Message 32 of 44
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Time to update this:

It's been 2 months since my last CLI. 

I requested a CLI one month earlier and got the "not enough experience" letter.

But I pressed the button again on Sunday and got some action today.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you, my one and only, Discover It Pride @ $40k.

FICO according to Discover on the 23 May 2016 statement is 763. Statement balance a little over $800.

Edited to add: declared income a little over $50k, no installment account, last HP in January 2016, AAoA 2.2 years, utilization 3% across the board.

Message 33 of 44
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the great increase!   Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats on your Discover cli!!!!  Woman Very Happy  Very nice.

Message 35 of 44
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Congrats on the great increase!   Smiley Happy

Thanks. You have a very cool Discover line. 

I think I'll get stuck with my lower income this point onwards. Actually surprised that they allowed so far. AMEX wouldn't without tax forms!

Message 36 of 44
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Super congrats on your Discover cli!!!!  Woman Very Happy  Very nice.

Thanks Sandibeach!

Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and thanks for the updates. Super nices increases.

Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! Super inspired!!
Message 39 of 44
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

Awesome! Yep, gravy train seems to be back!
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.