Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Miles Approved!.......LOL!

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Discover Miles Approved!.......LOL!

Apped for this card several weeks ago.

The next day I received an email and a call requesting verification.

i uploaded the verification docs, but ignored the request to call in. I received a couple more VM's and emails asking me to call in.

Decided I didn't want to go through the 20 questions and wrote it off.

Today I get the card in the mail with a........$500 limit!

Guess I should've called them backSmiley Very Happy

On another note, I got a $500 90 day CLI on my Regular Discover It for a $8700 CL Smiley Tongue

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Miles Approved!.......LOL!

Congrats.. Nice 3% card for the first year!  To bad couldn't of been a bigger CL.. Can you move any of your Discover regular CL to miles?  Not sure how discover works with credit reallocation.

Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to Woody! They probably said yeah its probably him but no phone call no big sl Smiley Happy. a lesson "Discovered"lolSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is GOOD NEWS! Enjoy your new Spending Limit.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although a really bad SL, it's better than a denial. Congrats!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new Discover it Miles card, woodyman! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

A few months ago as i was nearly ready to try for a 2nd Discover Card, realized that there was higher chance that the True Value Discover (from Comenity) would likely outpace a 2nd Disco bankcard.

It would still been nice on this end but not sure how they might do on the SL so thanks for this data point Woodyman100.

Congrats! on nailing a #2 in the Miles Card.

Message 8 of 12
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Maybe you can recon? SL? But of course, that would require you to call in! LOL

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. I am planning to app for this next year. Long story, but this card is to pay rent as the fee is super cheap if I pay with discover and high cash back for it. Do they not tell the starting limit before you get the card? Do you mind sharing some data points like scores and aaoa at the time of approval?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.