Congrats 

Message 11 of 17
mgood
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover NYE $1,000 CLI & 0% APR Promo - 1 Year Review

@ultimaterewardsguy357 wrote:

@mgood wrote:

. . . I've been hearing 12 billing cycles ending after the statement date vs 12 months from account anniversary vs the 1st day of the month after the 12th billing cycle as the ideal time to request your CLI from Discover for recently opened accounts. It looks like the underline is true. At least that was my case. YMMV.

So barring any policy changes between now and then, I guess I should try that one year from today. I got my Disco early last month.

Oh, and congratulations on your CLI Smiley Happy

Yes, that's correct! Remember to go off of your billing cycle. Mine was always the 23rd of each month. Smiley Happy

Not sure I grok all that.

I think the account opened on Dec. 4.

Info I got somewhere (in an email, maybe) said the statement date would fall on the 12th of each month.

I got a quasi-statement on Dec. 15 showing $221 I'd already spent but $0 due.
It still shows "Last Statement Balance $0"  and "No Payment Due," but now says "Next Statement Closing Date Jan 17, 2021."
So I'm not really sure if what I got on Dec. 15 is my "first statement" and I can apply for CLI on Jan 1, 2022, or if Jan 17 is my first real statement and I need to wait until Feb 1, 2022 to apply for CLI.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 12 of 17
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and happy new year. Discover is class act because you can speak to customer service and credit operations who will try to work with you and when they can not work with you for credit increase they will explain what is going on not like some other banks do. What I see that Discover went from beeing great and easy  for credit increases before Covid to tightening up on credit other bank who had higher standards before the covid out break are still granting nice credit increases and credit. I do like Discover , I have a 29K limit and since Covid can not get increase. I am going to put all my grocery and drug store spend on the card 5% cash back then in april will ask for increase, will pay off what ever the balance is before they report.

Message 13 of 17
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

|  
Message 14 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your CLI and happy new year Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 16 of 17
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

@mgood wrote:

@mgood wrote:

. . . I've been hearing 12 billing cycles ending after the statement date vs 12 months from account anniversary vs the 1st day of the month after the 12th billing cycle as the ideal time to request your CLI from Discover for recently opened accounts. It looks like the underline is true. At least that was my case. YMMV.

So barring any policy changes between now and then, I guess I should try that one year from today. I got my Disco early last month.

Oh, and congratulations on your CLI Smiley Happy

Yes, that's correct! Remember to go off of your billing cycle. Mine was always the 23rd of each month. Smiley Happy

Not sure I grok all that.

I think the account opened on Dec. 4.

Info I got somewhere (in an email, maybe) said the statement date would fall on the 12th of each month.

I got a quasi-statement on Dec. 15 showing $221 I'd already spent but $0 due.
It still shows "Last Statement Balance $0"  and "No Payment Due," but now says "Next Statement Closing Date Jan 17, 2021."
So I'm not really sure if what I got on Dec. 15 is my "first statement" and I can apply for CLI on Jan 1, 2022, or if Jan 17 is my first real statement and I need to wait until Feb 1, 2022 to apply for CLI.

It looks like your statement end date is the 17th of each month, @mgood. So aim for February 2022 to request your CLI.

10/23/2023 [FICO Score 8] EX: 768 TU: 761 EQ: 777

Future Cards:
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.