Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-Approval worked

tag
awg420
Regular Contributor

Discover Pre-Approval worked

Discover Pre-Approval for the IT card worked for a CL of $2000. Applied for the AMEX BCE one week ago and was approved for that as well with a CL of $1500. Got the Chase Freedom Unlimted a month ago with a CL of $1500 too. Now the question is how long to wait before the next one.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Pre-Approval worked

Congratulations on all of your approvals!! All 3 approvals are with great banks too....knowing what I know now, I would let these babies grow with use and on time payments. Not telling you what to do but I would give it at least 6 months before applying for anything else...good luck to you and again...CONGRATULATIONS on your awesome approvals!!.....Smiley Happy

EDIT: Don't forget to attempt a 3x CLI with AMEX at or after 61days after you were approved!!

Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big 3 impressive, well doneSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  My pre-approval for Discover worked today as well.

Message 4 of 15
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Awesome 3 bank cards. congrats.

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 5 of 15
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

@awg420 & Caliber, did you receive the pre-approval via snail mail or on the website under offers?  If the website, do you recall the verbage?

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had received a couple offers snail mail and I never tried it. So when someone suggested a Disco secured I hopped over to the website. Under offers it showed a Chrome for students even though I selected not a student. Offer was 0% for 6 months and then 13-23% variable. I applied and it gave me the option to select employed instead of Student. They came back with a counter offer at 23% and I took it.
Message 7 of 15
schsa210
Established Contributor

@ Caliber

Nice!

I've read on a few postings where people had said its all in verbage when you check for pre-qualified offers on discover's website.  If it gives you a solid apr, then its a good offer, but if it gives you a range of apr's, then its just a basic offer.  Glad it worked out for you and congrats on your approval.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 8 of 15
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Congrats! That's gotta feel good!
TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 9 of 15
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on those nice approvals!

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.