cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Prepprovals -- UPDATE -- Approved!

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Discover Prepprovals -- UPDATE -- Approved!

Okay.. I have not been preapproved for a card since securing my previously unsecured Cashback card in 2018.. My secured card unsecured a few months after to @$2k... It has not increased since the conversion, so I believe the card is stuck .. 

BUT I was approved for my two Amex cards *what a miracle* & now preapproved for all of discovers cards with an APR of 22% which is extremely high, the highest APR which gives me the feeling that my SL will be low..

Anyone have APR rate & SL comparisons for me? I am really curious. I would love to add the Cashback 5% categories & 0% apr for 14 months but I also would love to add the Miles card in combination with my Amex Skymiles Plat for travels. 

Scores are 709, UTL is at 25% 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CivalV
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Prepprovals -- UPDATE -- Approved!

Opened my Discover secured card in 2018. It unsecured after 6 months to $2K.. Since it unsecured I have gotten 0 CLIs auto/upon request. Guess who just got approved for Discover Miles card with an SL of $5500!! SHOCKER. I was super nervous that I would get a low SL.. 

2020-2021- I leased a 2020 Mazda CX-5 back in July without a cosigner, approved for a personal loan of $20K & approved for my first two Amex cards while also receiving CLIs on most of my accounts. Things are headed in the right direction. Now that my scores are high and I have closed subprime cards, I will be working on my mortgage scores. No more apps, only SP CLIs for the next year! 

Message 2 of 24
CivalV
Established Contributor

I decided to go for it. We only live once lol 

Approved for the Discover Miles 0% apr for 14 months, $5500 SL.. I am extremely content with my profile now 

Message 3 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 4 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

I decided to go for it. We only live once lol 

Approved for the Discover Miles 0% apr for 14 months, $5500 SL.. I am extremely content with my profile now 

@CivalV, Congratulations on your Miles approval!

You can chat or call for an APR reduction down the road. (once the 0% runs out)

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IDiscover Prepprovals -- UPDATE -- Approved!

Congrats on your approval!

Message 6 of 24
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 7 of 24
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Congrats on a great approval @CivalV ! Nice SL too!! 

Message 8 of 24
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, glad Miss Disco was willing to show the love!  

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.