mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Recon Shocked!

Congrats! Im glad the recon worked for you 

Message 11 of 18
jbhems503
New Contributor

So glad you posted this! I know this is a really late response, but I was just declined for the Discover IT card after a HUGE myFICO score jump across the board. Now I'm at 692 EX per myFICO. The very non english speaking lady at the phone number I was told to call online, said I needed a joint person to be approved as well. Just gave me the courage to call their recon department tomorrow and hopefully get approved. Wish me luck! Smiley Happy

myFICO Equifax: --> 645
myFICO Experian: --> 684
MyFICO TransUnion: --> 645
--- Back in the garden until Mid 700's. Next on the list is the CSR. ---
Care Credit - $12.9K (AU). Best Buy - $4K (AU - It reports, that's all that matters! (: ). AMEX Premier Rewards Gold. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $2K. Citi COSTCO - 2K. Barclay Rewards - $1.5k. Chase Freedom - $1,000.
Message 12 of 18
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Good work, sir

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job! Nice CL.
Message 14 of 18
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Congrats bro! Garden well!

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 15 of 18
baller4life
Super Contributor

@jbhems503 wrote:

So glad you posted this! I know this is a really late response, but I was just declined for the Discover IT card after a HUGE myFICO score jump across the board. Now I'm at 692 EX per myFICO. The very non english speaking lady at the phone number I was told to call online, said I needed a joint person to be approved as well. Just gave me the courage to call their recon department tomorrow and hopefully get approved. Wish me luck! Smiley Happy

Good luck!! Definitely worth another try!

Message 16 of 18
Anf_dude
Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

Treat your success with respect and you will be rewarded down the road.  It's not a sprint, be in it for the long haul. Congrats!!

this 🙌

Message 17 of 18
jbhems503
New Contributor

Yup, didn't work. Spoke to two people at their backdoor number with a no go. They wouldn't budge. Hell, they wouldn't even explain the exact reason why I was otherwise denied. They said it was too many inquiries one time, and I explained that the only inquiries I had within twelve months was 6, with only two approved, and one of those was cancelled within two days because I got approved for the QS card with CO. 

Second person just didn't give me a reason period. I asked him to walk through my credit report so he could explain why, he told me he couldn't do that. Is this true? Should I call back tomorrow and ask for their supervisor? I even asked who could I speak with to walk through my credit report with me, all he said was, "Sir, no one here can do that. You would have to request a free copy of your credit report." Well no der sherlock I know that. Like really? When Chase denied me in November, he walked through every single bit of information on my credit report. So I know they have GOT to be lieing.

myFICO Equifax: --> 645
myFICO Experian: --> 684
MyFICO TransUnion: --> 645
--- Back in the garden until Mid 700's. Next on the list is the CSR. ---
Care Credit - $12.9K (AU). Best Buy - $4K (AU - It reports, that's all that matters! (: ). AMEX Premier Rewards Gold. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred - $2K. Citi COSTCO - 2K. Barclay Rewards - $1.5k. Chase Freedom - $1,000.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.