Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover SL

tag
sgmjqb
Established Member

Discover SL

Finally, after many attempts. I finally got the discover - cash back, my SL is $2,500.00. My secure never graduated, so I closed the account and applied and was immediately approved. I hope this card grows with continues PIF every month, any advice from all the discover card experts. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover SL

Congrats on your approval! How long did you have your secured one for?

Message 2 of 13
sgmjqb
Established Member

I had a secure card for 19 months.

Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the new unsecured Discover and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Disco approval! What were some of your DPs?

Message 5 of 13
sgmjqb
Established Member

DP 

Score FICO: 8 TU 659 EX 667 EQ 683

UTL: 8%

BK: Chapter 7 from 2013

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Disco $2,500 SL

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! 

As for what to do for a CLI, I'm not sure there is a tried and true method for receiving a CLI. Some report they get great CLIs with little or no use. Others, lots of use. Others quit using the card altogether and then suddenly an increase appears. There's a running joke that there are monkeys in a room throwing darts at a dart board and that's how increases happen (or something like that). 

But, I would use the card normally. Wait a couple of days after your 3rd statement cuts. If no auto CLI, then request one. You can request with Discover as often as you like. Some request once per week. Others once per month. Others once per quarter, etc. I tend to request once a month or so after my Fico score has updated on the Discover site. 

Good luck with your new card. Enjoy!

Message 8 of 13
sgmjqb
Established Member

Thank you...
Message 9 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval! 

As for what to do for a CLI, I'm not sure there is a tried and true method for receiving a CLI. Some report they get great CLIs with little or no use. Others, lots of use. Others quit using the card altogether and then suddenly an increase appears. There's a running joke that there are monkeys in a room throwing darts at a dart board and that's how increases happen (or something like that). 

But, I would use the card normally. Wait a couple of days after your 3rd statement cuts. If no auto CLI, then request one. You can request with Discover as often as you like. Some request once per week. Others once per month. Others once per quarter, etc. I tend to request once a month or so after my Fico score has updated on the Discover site. 

Good luck with your new card. Enjoy!

+1  I received a 30% AUTO CLI after my 3rd Disco statement was cut - $10K => $13K!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.