Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover SP CLI $26k to $32k

tag
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

Re: Discover SP CLI $26k to $32k

@austinguy907 wrote:

The standard monthly charges seem to work well with Discover!  Been doing the same here for the past year or so now and grown from 4500 - 36K.  I'm wondering though if your last 6K CLI matched the current one or if you jumped from 3-4K to 6K and hoping to continue the 6K train?

Nope, its consistently 6k increase in last 6 months, thrice.

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 11 of 21
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

True, its the credit limit and myfico forum's itch... Smiley Tongue

most of my purchases accepted discover, very rarely once or twice it wasnt accepted. but their BT offers are worthy. 

i do have other discover card at 11k where i consistently put 3k Bt year on year .this is second term going on.

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@GetMeSlick wrote:

its been quite couple of months after getting SP CLI to $26k. so hit the love button, after providing all details, it said, they will inform in letter.

Got an email today morning saying, my credit limit bumped to $32k Heart

Happy to see my card growing $6k every couple ofmonths.

Been putting avg of $400 monthly and pif. Discover is my highest CL card on my wallet.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.Smiley Happy

Just wonder how you'll need that much CL for discover. A lot places still do not take Discover.

Total Credit - $535K+

Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 12 of 21
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@newhis wrote:

Congrats.

My last 3 CLI were 6k each, my card grew 18k in less than 7 months. I will not ask for more (I said that 4 months ago after the second 6k CLI), this time for real.

I use it an average of $350 a month.

congrats.. 

Total Credit - $535K+

Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 13 of 21
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Hmmmm..... seems like this train jumped the tracks to 6K's which is alot more efficient than the 3-4K I was dealing with for a year.  This adds some interesting data points if it works out 12/1 for me when I hit the magic button again.  There must be some threshold in which they give more although I was at 29K before getting my first 6K and you guys are hitting 20K+ after 3X6K which is intriguing.  Discover always makes people scratch their heads in bewilderment when it comes to credit limits.

Message 14 of 21
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Just wonder how you'll need that much CL for discover. A lot places still do not take Discover. 

I take it from another perspective of 10% of the limit is what I ever plan on using at any given time for optimum scoring and good credit management.  So, with your question in mind it allows one to keep a good score plan in mind when making a larger purchase rather than maxing it out every month and making multiple payments.  Ideally keeping it at 19% or less utilization for the maximum score and breathing room.  It's all a nunmbers game for managing things and growing them as time goes on.  If you're not into credit and don't see the need for it then just do whatever.

true, my overall util is always less  than 7%. i boosting my scores for getting home next year.

Total Credit - $535K+

Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 15 of 21
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

GMS - 11/18/2016 FICO TU-762|EX - 747|EQ -731

These look like you'll score the lowest rate already when it comes to a mortgage.  At a certain point though with some lenders you'll actually get .125% discounts when you hit certain tiers above 760/780/800+

Message 16 of 21
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

GMS - 11/18/2016 FICO TU-762|EX - 747|EQ -731

These look like you'll score the lowest rate already when it comes to a mortgage.  At a certain point though with some lenders you'll actually get .125% discounts when you hit certain tiers above 760/780/800+

Wow. Thats good to know. thanks for the valuable info austinguy.  Smiley Happy

Total Credit - $535K+

Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 17 of 21
newhis
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

@newhis wrote:

Congrats.

My last 3 CLI were 6k each, my card grew 18k in less than 7 months. I will not ask for more (I said that 4 months ago after the second 6k CLI), this time for real.

I use it an average of $350 a month.

That's a pretty good track record for CLI's and seems like you're on the 60 day cycle due to the timeline.  I recently switched to 60's and got the first 6K 10/1 and hoping they'll come back with another one 12/1.

Discover CLIs this year:

Apr 4.5K

May 6K

Sep 6K

Nov 6K

So don't worry if it takes more than 60 days to get your second 6K, just keep pressing the button.

Message 18 of 21
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Newhis - I know to hit the button.... I was hitting it weekly for a good part of the first year and now trying to show some restraint by setting a limit of hitting it every 2 months if it'll yield 6K instead of 3-4K each time every 3 months like it was.  12K is better than 8K in my book.  Either way a CLI is better than apping for a new account Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kudos OP! And I agree, that while Discover isn't accepted everywhere, utilization padding is always a good thing (even if you PIF monthly), especially in case of emergency use. Plus, I have a massive soft spot for Disco - they were my second card, started me higher than the first, and to date, have not only tried to match my other CC limits, but have inched themselves ahead of the pack, as of a few weeks ago now. Smiley Very Happy

Ain't no shame in getting your Disco on, GetMeSlick!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.