Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Approved...Finally!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Secured Approved...Finally!

I'm super excited about this. Came in from work and decided to check any updates to my FICO scores. My Experian jumped to a 604 from 598 last week (FYI, I started with a 534 on 1/19/2018 when starting my rebuild). Anyway, Finally seeing myself pass 600 was an amazing feeling! I'm still excited about it. Since starting my rebuild, I applied for the Citi Secured (Approved) and was denied for Cap1 and Discover (really wanted Discover more than anything else). My GF was approved for Discover Secured in Feb so I was added as an AU. Anyway, after seeing my score past 600, I decided to give it a shot and use the Discover prequal (even though I've been denied via prequal about 13 times). Waiting, waiting...WAITING! BOOM...Pre-Approved! I couldn't believe my eyes. I know it isn't a huge deal since it's only a secured card but I've been really wanting this card since it graduates so early and offers cash back on everyday purchases. Can't wait to receive it in the mail and pop it in my wallet. Thanks to everyone that's been helping me out with tips and posting some amazing strategies to implement on my credit rebuilding journey.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Approved...Finally!

CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! You made a great choice with Discover! Fingers crossed that mines unsecures this month!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you on your 8th statement? Please come back and update when it graduates so I can have an idea of what I'm dealing with.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, my 7th statement cuts on March 25th. By browsing through this forum a lot of those who have the Discover secured card have graduated at the 6th or 7th statement and i'm hoping i'm one of the lucky few. I'll definitely update when it graduates!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Message 7 of 16
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover IT card became unsecured 3 days after my 7th statement cut.

@Anonymouswrote:

Nope, my 7th statement cuts on March 25th. By browsing through this forum a lot of those who have the Discover secured card have graduated at the 6th or 7th statement and i'm hoping i'm one of the lucky few. I'll definitely update when it graduates!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Off to a good start, keep it responsible, make all payments on time and it will be smooth sailing!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.