Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Card Graduated to Unsecured Card 7 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Secured Card Graduated to Unsecured Card 7 months

Woke up this morning to my Discover secured card gradutaing after 7 months not 7 statements. I opened the account in 2/2019 with $300 the 6th statement cut on 9/27/2019 and today 9/30/2019 I logged into my Discover app and it says $1500 of $1500. I was hoping for $2000 like my husband got when his card graduated but I'm just happy its unsecured and the credit limit increased. I'm not sure what they go by to determine how much they'll increase it to. My 7th statement cuts on 10/27/2019. When I opened my account my FICOSCORE 8 was 583 and today my FICOSCORE 8 is 685. I still have not recieved an email that says I've graduated and I'll be recieving my deposit back, I guess that email is to follow. Does anyone know what they go by to determine the amount of the CLI?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Secured Card Graduated to Unsecured Card 7 months

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know what they go by to determine the amount of the CLI?

Congratulations!  What a nice surprise to see.....they are late sending the invite to the party it seems, always but yay! You're there.

I have no idea what they use to determine the credit limit after graduation.

Enjoy seeing that "secured" come off your reports!Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase and graduation! 

Message 3 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Woke up this morning to my Discover secured card gradutaing after 7 months not 7 statements. I opened the account in 2/2019 with $300 the 6th statement cut on 9/27/2019 and today 9/30/2019 I logged into my Discover app and it says $1500 of $1500. I was hoping for $2000 like my husband got when his card graduated but I'm just happy its unsecured and the credit limit increased. I'm not sure what they go by to determine how much they'll increase it to. My 7th statement cuts on 10/27/2019. When I opened my account my FICOSCORE 8 was 583 and today my FICOSCORE 8 is 685. I still have not recieved an email that says I've graduated and I'll be recieving my deposit back, I guess that email is to follow. Does anyone know what they go by to determine the amount of the CLI?

Congratulations!!!!  So proud of you and your amazing progress -- keep up the good work.  I'm sure your CL will increase in time (maybe even more than your husband's CL).  Anyway, these updates are always nice to read. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 24
Itgem679
Regular Contributor

OOOH! CONGRATS! I am so excited for you!! Smiley Very Happy

I cannot wait for it to happen to my Discover. I want to graduate and be done with Secured cards, and be on the road to great credit scores and financial Zen.

I opened mine in March 2019 so perhaps I am next month? We shall see.

Cheers!

Gardening until 2023. Current scores (11/2022): Ex: 757 Eq: 757 Tu: 757
CLs: (As of 12/2022)
First Tech World Mastercard: $10k
American Express: $1K
AAdvantage: $2.8K
Wells Fargo Platinum: $4.6K
Discover It (blue): $4.5K
Discover It (red): $4.5K
~6 other cards with limits under $2K
Auth'd user on 1 Capital One card.
All balances stay under 5%.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much I appreciate that and yes from what I’ve been reading they’re late sending that email. I wish I knew what criteria they use to determine your limit.
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and I was being impatient I was about to cancel the card 3 days earlier smh
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much I’m always on here reading a lot and I said today is the day I’m joining lol
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much I’m hoping I’m time it will. These forums have helped me so much!!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.