Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured and First Premier Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Secured and First Premier Bank

My credit is awful. My Credit Karma scores are 543 and 548. I was approved for a Discover It Secured card but I want to deposit 1000 on the card so I can actually use the card and pay it off many times through the month so I will probably miss the deadline and have to reapply. I Hope they will approved me in about a month when I will have the money. 

On the other hand, I went to the cardmatch app on the creditcards.com and it said that I have a good chance of getting a First Premier Bank credit card. I have had them before. So I was dsid even though the fees are horrendous, it would be a start. This is the funny part. I was declined for a First Premier Bank credit card. Can you believe it? I was declined for the worst card. 

I will just work on securing my discover card and garden for a year. Have a great Memorial Day.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured and First Premier Bank

Take advantage of the Discover approval now. Don't wait. Start with the $200 and you can always add more to your secured deposit to increase the amount. So, do it now and get a positive trade line reporting. Forget First Premier.

In short. Do it now!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Discover approval! 

SUPER CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST PREMIER DECLINE 👏🏾! 

They did you a big favor! 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Congrats on your Discover approval! 

SUPER CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST PREMIER DECLINE 👏🏾! 

They did you a big favor! 

+1

Message 4 of 12
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Another +1

Justagirl was absolutely right in saying First Premier did you a big favor.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the comments. I will just stick to the discover card and keep it. I know it probably will take 8 or 9 years to unsecure but at least I'll have a credit card. Thanks all. I love this forum.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will not take 8 to 9 years to unsecure. If you treat it right, it will open up doors to other cards. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some people have seen their cards go unsecured after 7 months. Stay postive my friend congrats
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Disco approval; and yeah, instead of looking at First Premier, how about try a local CU. They, or others you'll find mentioned around here, might be able to help you regrow
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of the love and advice.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.