cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured and First Premier Bank

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Discover Secured and First Premier Bank

My credit is awful. My Credit Karma scores are 543 and 548. I was approved for a Discover It Secured card but I want to deposit 1000 on the card so I can actually use the card and pay it off many times through the month so I will probably miss the deadline and have to reapply. I Hope they will approved me in about a month when I will have the money. 

On the other hand, I went to the cardmatch app on the creditcards.com and it said that I have a good chance of getting a First Premier Bank credit card. I have had them before. So I was dsid even though the fees are horrendous, it would be a start. This is the funny part. I was declined for a First Premier Bank credit card. Can you believe it? I was declined for the worst card. 

I will just work on securing my discover card and garden for a year. Have a great Memorial Day.

11 REPLIES 11
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Secured and First Premier Bank

Take advantage of the Discover approval now. Don't wait. Start with the $200 and you can always add more to your secured deposit to increase the amount. So, do it now and get a positive trade line reporting. Forget First Premier.

In short. Do it now!
In the wallet:
Amex PRG ~ Amex BCE ~ Discover ~ NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature ~ NFCU Platinum Visa ~ NFCU Line of Credit ~ Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature ~ PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ~ PenFed Promise Visa ~ Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa ~ CapOne QS1 ~ Lowes Store Card

Closed on mortgage 8/9/17!! Woot!
Message 2 of 12
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Discover approval! 

SUPER CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST PREMIER DECLINE 👏🏾! 

They did you a big favor! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 3 of 12
Valued Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Congrats on your Discover approval! 

SUPER CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST PREMIER DECLINE 👏🏾! 

They did you a big favor! 

+1

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) Chase CSP (25k) Pier 1(23.5k) BofA CR Siggy (20.8k) BofA BBR (22.1k) Amex BCP(18k) Overstock (21.1K) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) J Crew( 11.9k)Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (10k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(9.5k☝️) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (9.5K) Citi Double Cash (8.5k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) PenFed PCR (5K) PayPal Credit (4550)Discover (4.5k✌️) Kohls (3k) Chase Freedom (1500)

Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K
Gardening until Aug 2020

FICO 8 Scores EX 693(7) EQ 687(9)TU 708(10)
AAOA 4yrs TCL=332,600
Message 4 of 12
Valued Contributor

Another +1

Justagirl was absolutely right in saying First Premier did you a big favor.

OK, I'm back to a seedling, but I'm done for a long time (unless, of course a great offer comes along).
Message 5 of 12
Established Contributor

Thanks for the comments. I will just stick to the discover card and keep it. I know it probably will take 8 or 9 years to unsecure but at least I'll have a credit card. Thanks all. I love this forum.
Message 6 of 12
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

It will not take 8 to 9 years to unsecure. If you treat it right, it will open up doors to other cards. 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 7 of 12
Frequent Contributor

Some people have seen their cards go unsecured after 7 months. Stay postive my friend congrats
Message 8 of 12
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Disco approval; and yeah, instead of looking at First Premier, how about try a local CU. They, or others you'll find mentioned around here, might be able to help you regrow
State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (8,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (10,000) ~ PenFed Promise (1,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,100) ~ Citi DC (2,200) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (2,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ Venture (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG (1,000) ~ Amex BCE (1,000) ~ Care Credit (15,000)
Current Scores (6/6/18): 697 Transunion, 659 Equifax, 674 Experian
Message 9 of 12
Established Contributor

Thanks for all of the love and advice.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.