Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Soft Pull Approval

tag
Bmn5940
Contributor

Discover Soft Pull Approval

Hi everyone (again),

So I was instant approved for my discover student loan(without a cosigner yay for independence), afterward I recieved a Discover scorecard notification of hard inquiry from discover on experian report, then immediatley after checking that notification a random pre-qual for both discover student cards popped up with solid APR showing. I stupidly Applied for cashback Discover IT and was instant approved for $1,500. Discover pulled Experian once and Equifax twice, no transunion pull(probably because I have it locked currently). Long story short a double pull on Equifax and single pull on Experian got me instant student loan approval and my first Discover card, BUT I feel so scared/dumb/mad for falling into the trap and applying because I feel like I just ruined my relationship with Chase. My Amex Plat hasn't reported yet (approved on 06/18/19) my CSP just reported (approved on 06/18/2019), other than these two cards and now the discover card/student loan do you think I'm doomed for AA? Smiley Sad((((( I feel so stupid for doing it.

Very Happily in the garden
Goal Cards:
None for Now
10 REPLIES 10
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Soft Pull Approval

Congrats on the Disco approvals!

Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy. You should be ok but this another reason i dislike Chase. They want us to walk on eggshells for something we can get from any other lender. Enjoy your new card, you might get some backlash on your other thread but thats bound to happenSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the approval and keep your reported utilization low is what I would do.
Message 4 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy. You should be ok but this another reason i dislike Chase. They want us to walk on eggshells for something we can get from any other lender. Enjoy your new card, you might get some backlash on your other thread but thats bound to happenSmiley Wink

I'm no Chase fan at all, I think they tend to be pretty snotty and "we're doing you a favor by extending you credit" kind of attitude, but... I don't think they "want" people to walk on eggshells. You have to remember most consumers are not constantly opening new cards. I always recommend people lay low after getting a Chase card because of how Chase is with people like us around here who are outside of the norm. Any average consumer who is rarely opening cards is not going to have a problem nor have to walk on eggshells.

I wouldn't stress it OP, it is what it is and you can deal with it if and when it occurs.

Message 5 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

You...REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Discover approvals and Welcome to the DISCO family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. You should be fine with everything. Rooting for you. 

Message 7 of 11
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your student loan and card approvals!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 8 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on you're approval.

pray to the credit god's while it takes about 1 more month for The Amex to Report.

Message 9 of 11
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.