cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Train Still Rolling! $4.5k CLI (Data Points)

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover Train Still Rolling! $4.5k CLI (Data Points)

@Discover2016 wrote:

Congrats! That is a very generous CLI!

Thanks Discover2016... I agree!  I was afraid I would end up back on the $500/90-day plan, but it appears I might have escaped it!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

For me, $15k actually seems to be a very reasonable credit line, so I'm not sure if I'll go 'back to the well' or not.  I have a modest income - and I'm truthful on CLI requests - so I'm not sure how much more there would be for me anyway.

My last CLI put me at $23,200, which is ridiculous for my spending and income. So, I'm done.

Message 12 of 43
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

For me, $15k actually seems to be a very reasonable credit line, so I'm not sure if I'll go 'back to the well' or not.  I have a modest income - and I'm truthful on CLI requests - so I'm not sure how much more there would be for me anyway.

My last CLI put me at $23,200, which is ridiculous for my spending and income. So, I'm done.

Thanks, CAPTOOL!  Smiley Very Happy

While I'm not as high up there as you are, I definitely know what you're talking about.  I've got some time to think it over, and I might (?) check it out one more time just to see what happens, but honestly $15k is more than plenty for me, and it seems like a good place to stop (should I - or they - decide to).

I'm also especially pleased to have this limit since Discover isn't known for clawing-back credit lines or having 'buyers remorse' like some lenders (<cough> Synchrony <cough>).  I feel confident when I use my card that their won't be any surprises.  (Note that I'm sure there are exceptions to this somewhere, but I'm speaking generally here...)

Thanks again, and congrats on your own awesome Discover credit line!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, UncleB!  Great job getting a super nice increase, and hallelujah to you on your "clean" credit file (an awesome feeling I'm sure).  15K credit line is mighty nice - enjoy it! Very happy for you! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 43
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats to you, UncleB!  Great job getting a super nice increase, and hallelujah to you on your "clean" credit file (an awesome feeling I'm sure).  15K credit line is mighty nice - enjoy it! Very happy for you! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much weedeb!  Smiley Very Happy

I didn't think the day would ever come, but back in May it finally happened... for the first time in 16 years I had completely clean credit files!  Since then I've picked up a few cards that were previously out-of-reach, but I'm pleased to say that I didn't get any 'junk' - I expect to keep all my cards for the long haul. 

There was no secret formula... my baddies were 'stubborn' and all attempts at early removal were refused, but now that 'better days' are here all of that is water under the bridge.  I'll just mention to anybody in the same situation to not give up, and believe it or not the time passes more quickly than you might think.  Smiley Wink

Thanks again for your kind words!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, the approvals forum is just full of Disco CLIs today. Congrats Uncle B on such a big increase! It reminds me to have a little bit of patience. I'm itching to grow my new little baby Discover, but my 91 days isn't til November!

Message 16 of 43
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, the approvals forum is just full of Disco CLIs today. Congrats Uncle B on such a big increase! It reminds me to have a little bit of patience. I'm itching to grow my new little baby Discover, but my 91 days isn't til November!

Thanks so much, Noxqs!  Smiley Very Happy

Looking at your scores and what you have in your siggy, I won't be surprised at all if you get a nice November CLI from Discover as well!  Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 43
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats UncleB on the nice progress with Discover.

I sure can't sneeze at how they have been on this end either.

Message 18 of 43
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congrats UncleB on the nice progress with Discover.

I sure can't sneeze at how they have been on this end either.

Thanks so much CM7!  Smiley Very Happy

I was following your thread as well... I suspect that soon you're going to 'bust through' and start getting more generous CLIs as well.  At first I was actually thinking that I was on the $500/90 day plan myself... which when compared to some others isn't actually that terrible, but it's just not what you would expect for someone with your profile.

Thanks again for your kind words, and hang in there... I'm looking forward to your Discover thread where you will tell us about getting a CLI more in-line with your profile!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding, UncleB! Great CLI! I am like you in that I love Discover! (I really wanted to post this because it took me about four minutes to do it. lol)

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.