Highest CL 33k cap one

Lowest 400.00 Banana Republic

lots of inq

Total CL's 115k

Debt 25k

Income north of 200k

Why do you think my limit is so low.. ?

See in red above.  

Use it and hit the CLI after the first 90 days then 31 and 61 days after that and see what happens.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Very Low Startling CL...

You aren't alone.. When I got mine 4 months ago was approved for a 1k CL.. 0-1% utilization average CL on other cards 15kish then Discover was so kind to give me 1k, now at 1.5k (500 CLI after 3 months).  It is low and stinks, but I will just use for the 10% cats until the credit line becomes usable if they want to play that game.  I seriously can't make a rhyme or reason whom they give big CL's to and big CLI's to other than usually people with very little credit and they want them to be their main squeeze.  Only sense I can make of how they give out CL's or CLI's.  Guess I can' blame them as they problably don't think I will use them with my other CL's/Lenders although I do blame themSmiley Happy

Making very good cash back though as I shop at Amazon a ton and month quarter before was out to eat so made a very good return off them so far.

Message 3 of 7
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Same here. I got a $1200 credit limit with my first Discover card last year. Then they had the nerve to decrease it by $200. Paid it in full and closed it. I don't think I'll ever go back to Discover. If they treat new customers like that. Their APR was 20%+ and there were no sign up bonuses. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andy77 wrote:

Because Discover is weird and unpredictable. Smiley Happy

Sorry about the SL, Andy77, and congratulations on your approval! Hopefully it will grow.

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

At least they let you in with a bk reporting, they must think my bk stands for Burger King cuz they keep serving me hps and denials for breakfast lunch and dinnerSmiley Happy .

Really though, with your profile and income, you will be golden especially when your bk falls off and you lower your debt, Discover should fall in love with you like white on rice Smiley Happy. I know some may diagree but any approval is always good, means you at least got something to show for your hpSmiley Happy better yet when rhat something has the ability to grow like the cookie monsterSmiley Happy congrats againSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andy77 wrote:

Just applied for Discover...got startling limit of 1k

My credit profile..

EQ 692

bk discharged sept 2009

On time payments since then

No derogs

Highest CL 33k cap one

Lowest 400.00 Banana Republic

lots of inq

Total CL's 115k

Debt 25k

Income north of 200k

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.