Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Woes? Not for average Joes!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discover Woes? Not for average Joes!

Ok, please be warned if you are looking for a massive cli thread approval, this is NOT the thread for you LOL please search Navy Federal haha.

Great Sunday everyone!. I know im supposed to stay away from cli requests as im residing in the garden for awile and wanted to wait til Dec but as we all know, Discover is fun puzzle to play with. Recently weve seen a dry spell with Disco maybe due to recent charge offs etc so getting a cli seems to be an adventure in and of itself.

I ,crazily might add, hit the luv button for cli probably too many times to be healthy lol and decided to give it one more go.On thursday it was 4 days after statement cuts ,was expecting the millionth sorry at this time blah blah but amazingly, bam they decide im worrhy of a $500 increaseSmiley Happy. Ok, ill take it.

Now that i believe i have my schedule i think i can finally allow my finger and mind to rest. My first $500 came at day 107 and checking today, this one came at day 200, so looks like im on the $500/ 90 give or take. Funny thing is i NEVER GET paper letters for all my tries and yet checked the mail today and got my first 3, lol, im a proud pappa of three new little Disco rejections Smiley Happy.

So i guess there are still some cli out there just have to hope its there when you go fishinSmiley Wink

Data points for all u DiscolitesSmiley Happy:

Original limit: $2500 opened 10/9/16
1st cli: day 107, new limit $3000
2nd cli : day 200 new limit $3500

TU Fico as of 20Apr17 : 724

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Woes? Not for average Joes!

Hey!!!! Congrats AJC! Smiley Happy
What were your decline reasons? Was it the "not enough experience at current limit" or however they word it?
I never got my 90 or 120 day one. (Actually it was 90/120 after the first 7 of being secured)
Happy you finally got another one! You deserve it.
Message 2 of 27
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yay congrats AJC I am happy to see that you are making some upward movement with your Disco !!
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats AJ🎉🍾🎊🎈.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats AJC that is some good Disco news! I'm happy Disco showed you some ❤️!!! 😉
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!! Congrats on your increase!!...Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks guys and girlsSmiley Wink. DJ, not sure really havent opened them but i guess i should this way i can add 1 more data point lol. I post back with the answerSmiley Wink

Im just happy to know that the button ACTUALLY works. Im wondering if the only reason i got the letters is if because i called a couple weeks back asking if my button works LolSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Insufficient experience with current credit limit X 3 Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 27
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats Joe

You wrote

" I know im supposed to stay away from cli requests as im residing in the garden........."

I thought CLIs are permitted, even encouraged, as long as they SP.  Did the rules change?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No Mean Machine, rules remain, sp luvin is permittedSmiley Wink

Its just i had personally planned not to app for hp or sp cli until at least December for some self discipline, lol, im weakSmiley Wink. That and discovers cli dart throwing board game is too fun to pass upSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.