Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and Barclays CLI Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover and Barclays CLI Increase

Barclays 6 year old account Increase 12.6k to 15.6 Discover 19 year old account Increase 14.5k to 19.5 Both requested and instant approved on 1/16, no HP for either Still waiting for Peoples United/Elan measly $500 request. "This has to be reviewed, expect a letter of outcome in 7-10 days".(**bleep**!) Probably because it doubles my current laughable limit. from 1/13 CCT report EX 831 TU 834 EQ 818 EX Inq 3 Last 6 months. 6 Total last 12 TU Inq 1 Last 6. 1 Total last 12 EQ Inq 1 last 6. 4 total last 12 0 negatives on 3B oldest account 24 years Average 11 years
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover and Barclays CLI Increase

Congratulations on getting CLI's on both Disco and Barclays!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!

Message 3 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Congrats on Disco and Barclays..... Hope you have some movement on your Peoples/Elan card... After almost 3 years I got a 1500$ auto CLI from HFCU/Elan card.... Remember Elan has different metrics (basically a turnkey card offering from USBank they sell to other financial institutions) but very much behaves like USBank in the conservative dept....  I used to be a fan of Peoples United for banking but they kept upping the fees and such and really didnt want me as a customer.. and they wouldnt even extend a secured card ... Got tired and went to a CU who actually worked with me to establish credit..... 

-J

Message 4 of 7
restdani
New Contributor

congrats! how’d you managed to get no HP for your barclays increase? i swore they only did the request off a HP
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@restdani wrote:
congrats! how’d you managed to get no HP for your barclays increase? i swore they only did the request off a HP
Not sure, After I hit the request link and filled out the info, it stated if a HP was necessary I could still decline it. I thought that maybe they tricked me and did one anyway, but it has been 7 days and as of today's report no new inquiry. I assume a HP would show up next day at the latest. I had requested several CLI's the same day and do not remember if the 3k is what Barclay offered or if I requested that amount.
Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@restdani Many people have reported it is possible to get sp increases from Sir Barclays. One method is the call in for Apr reduction and then ask if there are any offers for cli available on your accounts.

Congrats Op on double successSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.