Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and Cap 1 Luv - I'm Back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover and Cap 1 Luv - I'm Back

@kidink1911 wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI on both cards!

Chase Sapphire Preferred- BOA Travel Rewards- Cap One QS MC- Barclay JetBlue MC- Barclay Apple Rewards- Synchrony Walmart MC- BP Gas

Thanks kindink! Looking at your Siggy, you have some nice cards there. You're rolling with the big dogs. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your cli's! Cap1 is always rather stingy about giving me increases, so reading posts like these gives me hope that will change at some point.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on your cli's! Cap1 is always rather stingy about giving me increases, so reading posts like these gives me hope that will change at some point.

Hi Fortjay. Discover has been generous with their CLI! But, Cap1 as been stingy. That is why I am following Bella and applying for a second card and then combining the two into one. I just have to wait the six months between apps. Many other MyFicoers have also used this strategy to get larger limits with Cap1. Glad we can all be of help and give  hope to each other!!!

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Bella. Yes, I have been going back and forth regarding whether to get the QS or the Venture.Two thoughts:

1. Minimum spend is much lower on the QS than on the Venture. But, my best friend can help me with that, i.e., she charges everything on the card and she even has a couple of trips coming up. 

2. I have a Visa Signature right now with NFCU. If I get the Venture and then combine the current QS to Venture, I will no longer have a Mastercard.  I kinda wanted both Mastercard and VS.

3. Also, the WEMC with Cap1 has the baggage delay insurance and the VS only has lost loggage reimbursement. I kinda want the baggage delay because my luggage was  held up for 3 days before.That was not fun. Also happened to a friend of mine while we were in Shanghai last month. She came all the way from the US and had no bags, except her carryon.

4. The baggage delay issue probably won't even matter if I can get myself approved for the Chase Marriott card later this year. I told you I was following you around-following you to Chase. I've been dreaming of this card for a couple of months. as I stay exclusively at Marriotts and the occassional SPG when there are no Marriotts where I am going in Asia. But I know getting it is an extremely long shot for me. And if I get approved for the Chase Marriott, I will have 3 VS and no Mastercards (once I combine the Cap1 cards).

Based on the above, the baggage delay v. lost luggage probably isn't that important. I should probably just get the Venture if my best friend agrees to help me with the spend. And that $400 can really come in handy.

Ok, I think I just talked myself into the Venture. I think I will go for the Venture once I learn my credit steps with the  QS. 

Thanks for all your support and help!

It sounds like you've really thought it through! I like the Venture and that bonus too! It is one of the next cards I was planning on apping for, but the change to Visa Signature and the news that the Venture is being offered in a metal card (don't know if you read about that yet) makes me want to do it as soon as it is 6 months after my QS app, which would put me in April. Don't know what I'll do yet, but I sure would love to see an approval post from you for the Venture! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Fortjay. Discover has been generous with their CLI! But, Cap1 as been stingy. That is why I am following Bella and applying for a second card and then combining the two into one. I just have to wait the six months between apps. Many other MyFicoers have also used this strategy to get larger limits with Cap1. Glad we can all be of help and give  hope to each other!!!

It's a solid strategy, and I like it a lot!  Smiley Wink

Welcome back, IP

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bella. Yes, I really have thought abou it.  Way too much! LOL! And yes, I have heard about the metal Venture. Kinda looking forward to it.  I need to talk to my best friend about timing. But, I hope to apply within the next few weeks or April 1 at the very latest. So I hope to get the approval post to you real soon. 

Btw, my balance updated this afternoon with Cap 1. Got $500 for credit steps. Just as you predicted. Sooooo, I will definitely be rolling that card into the Venture. 

Next app after that--Chase Marriott. Later this year. 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks TygerHawke!!!! It's good to be back! And you're right! It's a great strategy. Makes a whole lot of sense. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks TygerHawke!!!! It's good to be back! And you're right! It's a great strategy. Makes a whole lot of sense. Smiley Happy

I no becuz liek hookt on fonix, it wurkt fur mi

Edit: This, like a lot of things, was funnier if you're a) at least 35 and b) haven't had your coffee yet - isn't goofy morning posting fun?

Message 18 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, have you ever seen MY posts on Sunday mornings WITH coffee? Smiley Wink Dang, hooked on phonics, thats ol skoolSmiley Happy
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Bella. Yes, I really have thought abou it.  Way too much! LOL! And yes, I have heard about the metal Venture. Kinda looking forward to it.  I need to talk to my best friend about timing. But, I hope to apply within the next few weeks or April 1 at the very latest. So I hope to get the approval post to you real soon. 

Btw, my balance updated this afternoon with Cap 1. Got $500 for credit steps. Just as you predicted. Sooooo, I will definitely be rolling that card into the Venture. 

Next app after that--Chase Marriott. Later this year. 

Lol, we are two peas in a pod regarding thinking things through. Smiley Happy Cap1, from what I've seen, tends to give the $500 steps increase to those that start with the $3000 SL, and give larger steps increases to those that start off with a $300 SL. I'm excited because my husband started at $300, got a $100 increase after 4th statement, and is due to for his steps on his March statement. I will be so excited for him if he gets a larger increase.For me, I'm going to see what my 6 months after steps increase is, at least I'll get the next increase before I combine it. And it is my highest APR, so it definitely has to go! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.