Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover and Costco Visa, and Penfed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover and Costco Visa, and Penfed

Approved for Costco visa for 6.5k , the Discover 2.5k, denied for the Penfed (limited credit history , my oldest account is 14months)

For Discover I would like to try a CLI soon as possible...

UPDATE: I got the Penfed after recon/survey.

8 REPLIES 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: DIscover and Costco visa

You'll probably see a bump on Discover between 60-90 days and that's your cue to hit the CLI button for more.  Some even follow up with a call to 800-347-4856 and end up doubling the CLI they requested.  

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on 2 really great cards. That Discover will grow like wildfire!

Message 3 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on a really nice pair of approvals.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

has it right, OP, no need to rush it besides. Discover could very well become your best credit friend, with use/PIF/and love. And when/if you try with PenFed again, after your profile has matured, they'll be loving on you too. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats to you!  Very nice approvals on two great cards!  You've done well! Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pierus, 

Have you tried calling PenFed? Ask for a supervisor (all of there supervisors are loan officers that can approve applications). I was origionally declined for my Visa with them, my auto loan with them, and my personal line of credit with them. They will use the same credit report as used when you opened your account as long as its less than 90 days old. Explain why you want it and they will usually find a way to approve you for something. I asked for the max on all three of my products and they came in and countered LOC at 10k, Visa at 5k and then bumped it to 10k after 4 months and the auto loan as well. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have short credit history , my oldest account is 14 months. 

Then they call-back me after the survey and they offers me a Promise Visa with 1k CL at 13% (my lowest), I have accepted just to  start the relationship , they said to apply for the Visa Rewards (the sig visa) in 6 months, I hope that this Promise could get some good CLI in the next 6 months...

Message 8 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the PF approval.  They should grow with some time and feeling each other out a bit.  6 months should be a goal before hitting them or Citi up for a CLI though.  Discover on the other hand if you show some restraint and don't try to max it out and pay it off every month should result in a couple of increases in the next 6 months.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.