Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover approval!! 1 year post ch7 bk

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover approval!! 1 year post ch7 bk

Posting for my DH, I had him check the Discover prequal a few weeks ago but he had no offers. Checked again today since his score has gone up a few points and the prequal showed him offers for the Cash Back and the Chrome. Went ahead and applied and it was automatically approved for $3k SL!!! 0% APR for 14 months on purchases and balance transfers, after that 24.79 (it's high but we don't plan on carrying balances after the intro apr is over) 5% categories and double cash back after first year. Our bk was discharged October last year.

They pulled his EX which is 681. 2 inquiries, 11% util.

It might be worth noting that he only had medical debt in the BK, he never included any credit cards. Also no installment loans. So after the bk his report wasn't showing any accounts. He does now have some credit cards after the bk, although now he has a very short AAoA, he also was just approved for the Capital One walmart card but that hasn't shown on his credit report yet. So prior to these Discover and Cap1 Walmart approvals, he had 4 accounts opened this year, now he has a total of 6.  However I let him know this needs to be the last one for quite a while, at least a year maybe more. Smiley Happy

**Editing to add that apparently they pulled ex AND eq. Just got the alert that EQ was also pulled by Discover.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover approval!! 1 year post ch7 bk

CONGRATS  to DH on his Discover approval, Thanks for the DPs, and Welcome to the Discover family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to your DH!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to DH!!
Message 4 of 7
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval for DH!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card came today and turns out that after the 0 intro apr offer, it will actually be 13.74% according to the paper... Wow!! Now I'm wondering if this is some kinda mistake?! It also says they pulled his EQ at 667.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.