Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover approval without hard pull?

tag
nate0404
Valued Member

Discover approval without hard pull?

So saturday evening i decided to try my luck on the discover pre approval site, i was a little shocked when it said i had been pre approved. I applied in june and was turned down after a double hp, so i was a little apprehensive but decided to try again. Instant approval for $10,500.00

I have been checking all of the credit sites daily to see which bureau they pulled, nothing showed up. my curiousity got the best of me and i purchased a new 3 bureau report from myfico and still no inquiry. Shouldnt it show up when i purchased a new report?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
nate0404
Valued Member

Re: Discover approval without hard pull?

To clarify: Instant approval Saturday, bought new 3 bureau report from myfico today(wed) still no inquiry?!? Is this normal?
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two weeks ago  i had a preapproval also thru the Discover site, I was approved for a 2nd card and i have yet to see a hard pull so it seems to be normal.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its apparently normal for Discover to only soft pull some applications for its credit products.  I was approved for a $10K SL last August without any hard pulls.  Then in November I got a $3K CLI again with no hard pulls.  I obtained hard copies of my credit reports from annualcreditreport.com in December and noticed that Discover had been make soft inquiries monthly into my credit long before I got their card.  Then I also remembered that for a while I had received invitations in the mail to apply for a card so obviously they already had some information about me in their system.

Message 4 of 23
nate0404
Valued Member

Sweet! Thanks for the replies. I did sign up for their credit scorecard sometime ago.

Takes the sting out of the double hp denial!
Message 5 of 23
awg420
Regular Contributor

My Discover approval had no HP either they seem to be fine working with only SPs. 

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

On 1/21, I applied for the Discover It but was turned down. Then I applied for their secured card the same day and was instantly approved. Didn't get any HP from Discover. Interestingly, when I received the rejection letter for the unsecured card a few days later, it showed they had pulled my credit from EX on 1/8. That must have been the SP from my prequal check.

DW also applied for their unsecured card on 1/14 and didn't get approved. Immediately applied for their secured card the same day and got approved. But she got HP on both EX and EQ.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.. Now that's how it's done.

Message 8 of 23
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too did the Disc scorecard first. Received message a few days later about pre approval. Got the card 2 cycles ago. Still no HP
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.