Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover approval

tag
darrin073
Contributor

Discover approval

I applied for a discover card for my daughter who is a student in college . She was instant approved for 500.00 . What i wanna know if its ok to add me as a au. But i included them in iib on a secured acct. Will this hurt her. And will this help me to get back in door
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover approval

Hi. This is probably an unwelcome observation - but it sounds to me like you should keep your daughter's credit far away from yours. How is it that you are applying in her name?

@darrin073 wrote:
I applied for a discover card for my daughter who is a student in college . She was instant approved for 500.00 . What i wanna know if its ok to add me as a au. But i included them in iib on a secured acct. Will this hurt her. And will this help me to get back in door

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on getting her approved for a card, they take ssn's for au's so you may get blocked you may not, doubtful it would hurt her. As far as getting back in with Discover, they are fickle, only they know when and or if they will let you back in. Dv

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

Hi. This is probably an unwelcome observation - but it sounds to me like you should keep your daughter's credit far away from yours. How is it that you are applying in her name?

@darrin073 wrote:

Good point, didn't think of that at the time. Dv

Message 4 of 17
darrin073
Contributor

Thanks for all input but this is for her . Not me . Just asked a simple question. But i dont believe me being a au user on her account wont hurt. And by the way this was a secured card i had anf it was paid i didnt include them . They shut it down when they found out fyi
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darrin073 wrote:
Thanks for all input but this is for her . Not me . Just asked a simple question. But i dont believe me being a au user on her account wont hurt. And by the way this was a secured card i had anf it was paid i didnt include them . They shut it down when they found out fyi

But your words were sir....Quoting here "But i included them in iib on a secured act". Now you are saying you didn't include them. They shut it down. Your credibility is slipping away here. Dv

Message 6 of 17
darrin073
Contributor

They were included in iib . They included they self .anyway thats besides the point. Its been answered for me. No need to reply anymore
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still having a hard time understanding how you go from I included to they included themselves. Anyway game set match, you left in a huff when confronted with your own words. Just don't abuse your daughters card like you did your own please. Dv

Message 8 of 17
darrin073
Contributor

Listen. For the last time . I didn't owe discover a dime. Infact they sent me 200 dollar check on a 200 dollars secured cc
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darrin073 wrote:
Listen. For the last time . I didn't owe discover a dime. Infact they sent me 200 dollar check on a 200 dollars secured cc

Regardless I'm still with kilroy, in my opinion you need to stay far away from your daughters credit and work on your own. Have a good day sir. Dv

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.