tag
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Re: Discover auto CLI and a question!

@KSK1912 wrote:

Congrats on the cli!

3641-Adult-Dartboard-Costume-large.jpg

LOL!!!! Thank you so much!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 11 of 19
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I definitely recommend that anyone that receives an auto CLI from Discover that they immediately (in the next day or two) request a manual CLI.  This may not seem like it would make sense to do, but from what I've seen almost everyone gets another CLI a day or two later, and it's usually relatively close to what the auto CLI was; in essence you are giving yourself basically double the CLI when you try this method. 

Wow, this was spot on!!! Thanks so much, BrutalBodyShots! I just tried for another increase (and closed my eyes after hitting submit LOL!!) and it gave me another $500 increase!  $2400 is my new limit. Very happy camper!!! Smiley Very Happy

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I definitely recommend that anyone that receives an auto CLI from Discover that they immediately (in the next day or two) request a manual CLI.  This may not seem like it would make sense to do, but from what I've seen almost everyone gets another CLI a day or two later, and it's usually relatively close to what the auto CLI was; in essence you are giving yourself basically double the CLI when you try this method. 

Wow, this was spot on!!! Thanks so much, BrutalBodyShots! I just tried for another increase (and closed my eyes after hitting submit LOL!!) and it gave me another $500 increase!  $2400 is my new limit. Very happy camper!!! Smiley Very Happy

Very glad to hear it... nice job!

I was a bit skeptical about this myself, but it worked for me just a few weeks ago.  Auto CLI for $3800 then manually I got one for $4000.  I actually recommend that everyone wait until a few days after their TU score updates on the Discover site before requesting their monthly CLI (IF they request monthly, that is).  Data shows us that Discover historically gives the majority of their auto CLIs within a few days of the statement closing date, FICO score updating, and reporting to the bureaus.  For example, your cycle may end on the 1st, your FICO score updates on the 3rd, Discover reports to the bureaus on the 4th.  99% of the time if you are to receive an auto CLI it's going to be from the 5th-9th... that is, shortly after these events transpire.  Very rarely does someone receive an auto CLI from Discover sometime mid cycle.  So, basically in this example I'd recommend that this person wait until the 10th every month and if they don't receive an auto CLI, request one on the 10th.  If they do receive one on the 7th, for example, then ask for one on the 8th and you'll likely strike for double CLIs that month.  Hopefully this example makes sense.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the helpful tips! It worked for me and I just received a 1500.00 increase right after statement closure.

Message 14 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats OP. Odd I just requested an increase. This time it ask for assets. Something I haven't seen since having the Discover card for over a year. Normally it's the standard income and then a $500 cli or instant denial. This time I received a two day message stating the request is under review.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I understand, the asset thing just started a couple of weeks ago.  I only requested my first CLI with Discover in the last week, so for me it just seemed like standard protocol.

Message 16 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

So the two days message is standard protocol now?
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your auto CLI, ohreally! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
So the two days message is standard protocol now?

I'm not sure about that part, I just meant the declaration of assets.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.