Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover auto cli!

tag
Corie
Established Member

Discover auto cli!

I was first approved 10 months ago with a sl of $2k. At about 5 months in they decreased my limit to $1.5k I called them and explained how I used my card a lot and made big payments and they raised it back up to $2k. Just hit 10 months with my card and logged in to find out they increased my limit to $10k. I used my card heavy and kept a high balance but constantly put $500 on it and paid it down $500. Credit scores ex:683, eq:676, trans:664- fico score 8
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover auto cli!

Holy Fico thats a huge cli! You hit the lotterySmiley Happy congrats!
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's a great CLI!!! Disco really loving you!  Congrats.

Message 3 of 19
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome congrats!!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Fantastic CLI, grats on it Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 19
Corie
Established Member

I would like to add that I was denied every single cli I ever tried to get with them also. So if discover isn't showing you any love, don't give up on them.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! That is an amazing CLI! Your CLI is more than the entire limit on my Disover It Miles card!!!!  Congrats!!!

Message 7 of 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Hmmm. Decrease by 500 leads to increase by 8000. A solid strategy. One to keep in mind for sure. Lol congrats on a huge increase!!!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the reason given for the credit limit decrease? Were you late on a payment? Did you go over your limit?

Message 9 of 19
Corie
Established Member

I never looked at the reason for decrease, I just logged in one day, seen it, and immediately called them.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.