Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card approval after chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card approval after chapter 7

Hello I wanted to share my approval. I got a discover IT card 1 year and 9 months after filing chapter 7 BK. I received a $6,500 limit. I have 35+ inquires. I am only using 2% of my available credit. My transunion score is 668 and Equifax is 671.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover card approval after chapter 7

Congrats!

Message 2 of 10
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Congrats...interesting....less then 2 years after “filing” BK 7 your “FICO” scores are mid to upper 600s. Very interesting!
FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 3 of 10
JourneyStartsNow
New Contributor

Did you burn Discover in the BK7?

BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was crazy that’s why I had to share! Oh well I’m happy about it 😀
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

no I didn’t burn Discover
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good SL. Mind sharing your income input? Curious as I have similar scores but nervous to app w them yet 

Message 7 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Spotsy wrote:
Congrats...interesting....less then 2 years after “filing” BK 7 your “FICO” scores are mid to upper 600s. Very interesting!

This has been the trend as of late. Discover has been approving folks as soon as 9mo-1yr post DC. Its not unhead of, or having scores mid to upper 600's. I had scores 660-680 close to 2 yrs post DC as well. Its very easy to have scores that high given your rebuild right out of the gate. I dont question anything about this post. Smiley Wink 

OP, much congrats to you on your approval! 

Message 8 of 10
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Yes yes, congrats! I wasn’t questioning the “truth” behind the post, but the jealously of your quick turn around from a BK7!

Mine took a few more years due to my complete abstenance from CCs, I didn’t jump back in as soon as I should have.  But now that it is all off my reports I am back in the upper 700s on myFICO. I am back in with Disco myself, and I did IIB them, they are taking a baby steps with me :-).

FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

69k a year
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.