Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card auto Increase!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card auto Increase!!!

I regularly check my discover app and when my 3rd statement generated 2 days ago, I paid it immediately. Just a while ago I checked again to see if the payment is already posted it and to my surprise my CL limit is now 1750! Is it the norm ? It was only 750 when It was opened and my latest statement says that as well. I havent got any email yet about this and hope this is not an error.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover card auto Increase!!!

Congrats on new increase!
Message 2 of 22
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

I have read here that if you get an auto increase from Discover, you can request an increase online and get another increase.  My 3rd Statement cuts this week.....so I’m patiently waiting to see if they auto-luv me.

Either way, congrats!  Please update if you decide to try the luv button.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

They actually never auto increased me after three months Smiley Sad, and I tried to use the credit line increase button to no avail. However, I have been using my IT card heavily as my card for everything for roughly 4 months, I just paid off my balance for the past month, so I tried CLI button again and bam! They increased me from 1250 to 2200! I really am loving Discover. Congrats on your auto increase!!!

Message 4 of 22
Gratitude
Regular Contributor

@Bm850796... Congrats!

I beleive in this magic of utilization.. that 4 month heavy run was the ticket!  What would be useful to know if the same would happen in a heavy 3 or 2 month run with payment to zero before statment cut.

Where you carrying a balance on the IT? If so, what UTL?

Merrick Bank Visa $1500 | Citi BestBuy Visa $5300 | Chase Freedom $500 | Amex BCE $2000

FICO8:  EQ 12/17: 721  |  1/18: 706   || .  TU 12/17: 742  |  1/18: 744 .  ||   EX 12/17: 736  |   1/18: 720

Amex Plat | Amex EDP $24,000 | Citi BestBuy Visa $11,000 | Chase Freedom $7500 | Discover IT $7500 | Amex BCE $5,000 | Merrick Bank Visa $2000 | Alliant SSL
Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 746 TU 764 EX 756
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Hit the Luv button and see if they’ll give you more, it’s a SP. DH got auto increase at 1st 3 month statement and got a little more with the Luv button. Let us know what you get
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never normally kept a significant balance, though the balance would get pretty high before I paid it. I also did have a tendency to pay it down in between billing periods bc I get paid bi weekly. When I did have a balance it’d usually be about 60% util before I payed it down!

Hope that helps you!
Message 7 of 22
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I got regular increases during the first 2 years of my IT card.  Lots of bumps.  Usually 1 - 3.5 k.  As soon as I selected the increase button, they became less frequent & lower bumps.  In July it had been a year since I tried, so I gave it a shot...I got 6k.

I'm at 18k & I'm just letting that go for a while!

Let the steady bumps happen.  Mine were every few months!  My SL was lower than yours too!

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Yesterday was my 92nd day and I had tried to request a cli via the luv button two times in the months prior and both times declined. Yesterday I tried and received a $300 increase to my $800 sl. I haven't used the card heavily, and perhaps that's why my increase was low. I'm fine with it as long as they see fit to increase, I would assume I'm in the right direction. I typically keep my total util over all my cards around 1% if possible, pif monthly leaving a small amount to post so that my scores don't drop. Over the holidays my utililation went up to 3%. I had one month post $835 over all my cards and from there used that one same card to do all of my holiday shopping and for everything else that I spend money on putting just about $5K through the card and paid it down to $90 just before it closed yesterday. So in essence, my total balance will have dropped by $745 and because of this, and the total of all my accounts decreasing, I'm hoping for score increases across the board this month!

Discover will have to get some heavier usage from me over the next few months so the next increase will be bigger. No auto luv, but an increase nonetheless!

Go Disco!

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You all ! I hit the luv button yesterday but it was not approved telling me that I will receive a letter in the mail explaining why. Also I finally got an email about the Auto CLI. @mandmn5698 there something about you mentioned that made me calculate the total days of my account since it was opened. My account will only reach 90 days on January 16! Also I found my notes when I first called Discover says that I can request a CLI on January 22... IDK the acuracy of the date given, I'm thinking thats probably the reason why the CLI request was not granted, because the account is less than 90 days old. Anyways I will update when I received the mail and also after when I try again before the end of month. Can I do both? Request online and call? Or which one should I do first? Whether I will get another CLI or not I'm already happy. Btw my UTI was from 5% to less than 15% only.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.