Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover double dip success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover double dip success

So I was approved for a discover it in late August with a $1600 SL. I decided to test the waters last week on day 61, no dice. Then I read somewhere that discover doesn’t actually count by days, they go by the actual month. Considering it’s now November (my 3rd full month) I thought I’d try again. Online CLI of $300. Figured there was no harm is going for a double dip. Called the direct line to the increase department (‭1 (800) 347-4856‬) and told the rep I just received an increase but it was lower than I expected. She confirmed my date of birth and my social and instantly offered to take me to $2600 with no hard pull, making my total increase today $1000.

Scores are somewhere between 650-670, and I currently have a pretty hearty balance on the card from taking advantage of the 5%.

She also thanked me for being a customer since August 2015, I’m assuming she just misspoke but hey, if I’ll take it. Hahahah
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover double dip success

Congrats on your Disco Double Dip success! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
SteelCityPride
Valued Member

Congrats!

Jan. 2017 Fico 8 - low 500's
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... I read somewhere that discover doesn’t actually count by days, they go by the actual month. 

So I was told when I called in last month. I'm glad you were able to make use of that detail I included in my CLI approval thread. 

And Congrats! CMH on playing a sweet game of DD. Enjoy the Disco Luv you have earned.

Message 4 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI and DD!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Gotta love Disco.

Message 6 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats..

What i wil never understand is why Discover just dosesn't offer it all up what they are willing to give..  Where DD came from I really never know as you are just calling and asking for more as if you would of called in initially vs. using the site most likely they would give you the full 1k in this case.   Discover is certainly an ODD duck for sure IMO.

Message 7 of 11
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

Congrats on your $1k bump. I too had an increase yesterday. I requested a CLI and got $300, it took it just because... then I get an email saying they increased my line by $700. Conflicts within the system lead to my reverse double dip being taken away. Online only showed my $300 increase so when I called in, the CLI dept. saw the conflict and gave me the auto CLI amount but not the requested CLI amount. I'm not greedy so I didn't even complain.
Message 8 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 11
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Smiley Happy
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.