Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover graduation & Amex collection complete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover graduation & Amex collection complete

Time to break up all the Apple Card approvals with some news. On Friday I received notice that my discover secured finally graduated after 3 1/2 years. I honestly never thought it was going to graduate. Today I was checking my Amex offers and applied for a CLI on my former SPG now Bonvoy Amex and my CLI request was denied but had a pre-approval for the Bonvoy Brilliant and Delta Skymiles Platinum. As a sucker for pre-approvals I applied for the Bonvoy Brilliant and after calling in to verify a few questions I was approved! While still feeling good about the graduation and new Bonvoy Card I decided to apply for the last Amex which has always eluded me since my rebuilding journey began the Platinum card. I really didn’t expect to be approved but since I’ve read many can get approved for a revolver and charge card in the same day I pulled the trigger and again after calling in I was approved for that as well. I kinda wish I would have just approved for the platinum but since I’m in Marriott hotels 2-3 times per month I think I’ll get value from having both. The Airline credit, Sky Club access , Uber & Saks credits will more than cover the platinums fee. Just a few data points all TU & Eq are in the high 670’s and waiting to see what the Ex score they pulled will be. I had to burn a hard pull for the platinum card but only sitting at 4 now in the last 2 years, utilization a little over 30% but will be around 15-20 by the end of the month.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover graduation & Amex collection complete

Congrats on those non-Apple approvals lol. That Discover graduation was a loooong time coming. Enjoy that new Platinum and Bonvoy!

Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all the success enjoy it Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, congrats! 

Message 4 of 9
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on all of that rebuilding progress - both the Disco graduation and AMEX completions Smiley Happy

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really have to thank everyone on here for all the help and insights while on my rebuild journey. As of right now I really can think of any other cards I would want. Going to let these new cards age and hope to see my scores continue to increase.
Message 7 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats! But $1000 in AF next month...oof. I definitely won't app for both at the same time. 😅

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my discover secured graduated I received a $2.5k check so the fees weren’t too much of an issue. Still leaves a nice little boost to put into savings. So far have recouped $115 of the Plat fee with the global entry and Uber credits. Without that I probably would have waited in between the apps.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.