cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover graduation & Amex collection complete

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Discover graduation & Amex collection complete

Time to break up all the Apple Card approvals with some news. On Friday I received notice that my discover secured finally graduated after 3 1/2 years. I honestly never thought it was going to graduate. Today I was checking my Amex offers and applied for a CLI on my former SPG now Bonvoy Amex and my CLI request was denied but had a pre-approval for the Bonvoy Brilliant and Delta Skymiles Platinum. As a sucker for pre-approvals I applied for the Bonvoy Brilliant and after calling in to verify a few questions I was approved! While still feeling good about the graduation and new Bonvoy Card I decided to apply for the last Amex which has always eluded me since my rebuilding journey began the Platinum card. I really didn’t expect to be approved but since I’ve read many can get approved for a revolver and charge card in the same day I pulled the trigger and again after calling in I was approved for that as well. I kinda wish I would have just approved for the platinum but since I’m in Marriott hotels 2-3 times per month I think I’ll get value from having both. The Airline credit, Sky Club access , Uber & Saks credits will more than cover the platinums fee. Just a few data points all TU & Eq are in the high 670’s and waiting to see what the Ex score they pulled will be. I had to burn a hard pull for the platinum card but only sitting at 4 now in the last 2 years, utilization a little over 30% but will be around 15-20 by the end of the month.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Established Contributor

Re: Discover graduation & Amex collection complete

Congrats on those non-Apple approvals lol. That Discover graduation was a loooong time coming. Enjoy that new Platinum and Bonvoy!

Aug 2019:

Stats:
Message 2 of 9

Grats to all the success enjoy it Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 3 of 9
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Awesome, congrats! 

AMEX Platinum, Gold, Reserve & SPG | PenFed PR VS | NFCU FS VS | Discover IT | Citibank DC WEMC l Capital One Venture VS | Nordstrom VS l Banana Republic LUXE V I Lowes I Macys I Wayfair I
Message 4 of 9
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all of that rebuilding progress - both the Disco graduation and AMEX completions Smiley Happy

Garden goal: keep on keepin' on until 2020.
Message 5 of 9
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 9
Regular Contributor

I really have to thank everyone on here for all the help and insights while on my rebuild journey. As of right now I really can think of any other cards I would want. Going to let these new cards age and hope to see my scores continue to increase.
Message 7 of 9
Super Contributor

Congrats! But $1000 in AF next month...oof. I definitely won't app for both at the same time. 😅

***AD SPACE AVAILABLE***
Message 8 of 9
Regular Contributor

When my discover secured graduated I received a $2.5k check so the fees weren’t too much of an issue. Still leaves a nice little boost to put into savings. So far have recouped $115 of the Plat fee with the global entry and Uber credits. Without that I probably would have waited in between the apps.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.