Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is finally liking me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is finally liking me

So I got this card 07/27/2015 IIRC at an $800 limit. At the 90 day mark I got it to $1,200 (typical 50% increase they like so much) then in January I took a $500 HP CLI and in February I got an auto $500 CLI to $2,200. Then earlier this month they auto bumped me to $3,200 and now I just did a CLI to see what's what and they gave me $1,500 increase. Now these aren't the $5k increases some of you get but for my TU to fluctuate between 695-705 and the pretty high number of cards I got in the last year it's decent. They like to be one of your only cards but they're still showing a little here and there with no usage (when I was using it they barely gave) even with having around 15 new accounts
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover is finally liking me

Congrats on the growing bumps. ^_^

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome news, congrats!  CLIs don't have to be insane amounts, but every little bit will help.  I imagine if you had more utility with it, they would be more generous, but still great to see 800 -> 4,800 in a year.  I always recommend avoiding HP CLIs unless absolutely necessary, and Discover will tell you if it will be a SP or HP.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch... HP for a $500 CLI.. As long as your happy op!
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was aware of the HP. I was drunk and didn't care lol
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They like to be one of your only cards

Where are you getting this from?  They're one of many cards for me and I've had no problems getting CLI's to the point where my Discover it is one of my highest limit cards.

Be careful assuming such trends.

@Anonymous wrote:

I imagine if you had more utility with it, they would be more generous

Don't rely on the usage meme.  My Discover it and a number of other cards with significant CLI's have seen little to no use.  It is not just about usage.  It is not just about the account itself.  One's entire credit profile matters.

Message 8 of 17
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrtas!! Lots of Love

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.