Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it $10,000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it $10,000

I have to say I am shocked.
I am in the midst of repairing my credit after falling on hard times and have been rejected for 3 other cards; Bank of America Cash Back, Citi Double Cash Card, and the Capitol One Savor One.

My last late payment was in November 2018,which is less than a year ago. The only thing I can think of is my gross income. I estimated 72,000/year. No idea how I got approved for so much but I am certainly not complaining.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover it $10,000

Nice approval amount.. Congrats.  Income isn't it, my guess is you don't have alot of credit?   They tend to throw higher limits at people with lesser credit card aggregate limits than people with more or so many peoples theories are.

Regardless you scored a very nice SL and for that you should be happy and proud.  Congrats on your approval.

Message 2 of 22
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

From 1 Rebuilder to another Rebuilder, CONGRATS @TheAwkIsReal on your Discover IT approval and the AWESOME SL - You are on your way NOW!!! Smiley Wink

Discover gave me a $10,000 SL in April 2018 when I only had one CC - a $300 OpenSky CL! Smiley Surprised

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big congratsSmiley Happy My last Disco approval was for 1k so Apples to Apple? Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have to say I am shocked.
I am in the midst of repairing my credit after falling on hard times and have been rejected for 3 other cards; Bank of America Cash Back, Citi Double Cash Card, and the Capitol One Savor One.

My last late payment was in November 2018,which is less than a year ago. The only thing I can think of is my gross income. I estimated 72,000/year. No idea how I got approved for so much but I am certainly not complaining.

As others have said, I think it has to do with your other cards.  I applied this week and got approved for around 3k, which is substantially lower than any of my other accounts with other issuers.  

Congrats on the approval, now you just have to wait 90 day to request a CLI and get even higher! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on very nice SL !!!!!

Message 6 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Woo hoo, the return of Leo😎

Welcome back @Voltron🙋‍♂️
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Woo hoo, the return of Leo😎

Welcome back @Voltron🙋‍♂️

Thanks bud been busy with my business lately hehe

Message 8 of 22
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Disco approval and awesome SL!

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover doing what Discover does best - putting themselves ahead of the pack.

Congrats!!!
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.