cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it 5%

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Discover it 5%

So I was on discover did the prequalified app and 3 cards populated. I did the 5% rotating categories. Their website didn’t give an instant approval so I got on chat and asked the rep for the status.
She said “congrats you were approved for 1k limit”

I asked if there was anyway to increase the limit so I can do a bt and she said sometimes when you do a bt that your limit can increase to accommodate your bt. So I gave her my info and a amount of 3k she said congrats your limit increased to 9k.

Talk about a Christmas present!
Excellent customer service. I’m stoked!!! Never has a recon worked for me.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Discover it 5%

@Aladdin22 wrote:
So I was on discover did the prequalified app and 3 cards populated. I did the 5% rotating categories. Their website didn’t give an instant approval so I got on chat and asked the rep for the status.

I asked if there was anyway to increase the limit so I can do a bt and she said sometimes when you do a bt that your limit can increase to accommodate your bt. So I gave her my info and a amount of 3k she said congrats your limit increased to 9k.

If you don't mind me asking what's your credit score roughly? That would be clutch.

Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Whoa. Nice! Congrats!

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Nice SL!
Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Member

@mdz1 wrote:

@Aladdin22 wrote:

If you don't mind me asking what's your credit score roughly? That would be clutch.

672 experian 39% uti, 30 inq, 2co, 10+ new accts, last baddie almost 2 yrs ago 

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Congrats, good work on the recon!

Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Obviously it never hurts to ask, congrats!!  

Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congrats on the successful recon!

These days the only thing Discover has going for them outside of the categories and cash back match is their top notch customer service, I’m glad to see that still remains the case in light of all the other cuts. 

Enjoy the card! Smiley Happy

01/2019:
03/2020:

Closed: CareCredit $10K, B&H Payboo $7500
Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 9 of 11
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Yikes! Congratulations! That’s quite a recon! I’ve never had such luck...

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 6.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.